Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you are ok with a sexless relationship

Posted by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 1:03 PM
  • 1 Replies

If you're one of those ladies who doesn't like sex or doesn't find it important, does that mean that if it's not important to you then it's not important period? I hear a lot of ladies complain that their partner pursues sex with them a lot, but they don't want it themselves. I understand everyone's sex drive is different. But if your partner finds it important and feels fulfillment from it, shouldn't that mean it carries importance? We all feel intimacy in different ways...some people feel intimacy through meaningful conversation or when their partner shows interest in their hobby or helps them around the house. But there are also those of us who experience those intimate feelings through physical connection. I'm one of those people and I was thinking about how I'd feel if dh viewed sex the same way I hear a lot of women talking about it...as a nuisance or a chore. Thank goodness he doesn't. He enjoys sex. With that said, he also feels connected with me when I listen to him talk about what's on his mind. He's emotionally expressive and needs that outlet. I'm not that way. I don't really understand it. But because it's important to him, I listen and engage. This makes him feel intimate with me. Same thing with sex. That one on one time where I can feel him and enjoy him that way makes me feel connected to him. It's important to me. So, if your partner feels that way about sex, shouldn't that make it important to you as well? No, it's not a marriage maker or breaker. It takes so many things to make a marriage/relationship work. But really?

by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 1:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 15, 2014 at 1:08 PM
I have a close to sexless marriage by my choice. He is terrible in bed. We have watched videos, read books, gone to a sex therapist and I have moved his hands and told him explicitly how to do it and for how long and how hard. He. can't. get. it.

I have never had an orgasm with him. I have a much higher sex drive and used to love sex. I'm done. I resented the hell out of him. It was destroying our relationship so since I fucked him whenever the first 10 years then I get a 10 year break from disappointment and then we will renegotiate if either has an interest.

We are good friends and wonderful co-parents. If there were other issues too, I would leave in a heartbeat.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)