Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tips, and when it's unnecessary.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies
Who here tips when you order and pick up food?

I understand tipping when you order delivery or sit in at a resturant because that person is doing you a service, coming to you to give you food. Especially waiters/waitresses because that is their income. But when you order and pick it up yourself, why is it necessary to tip them? They are just doing their job making your food. They're not doing anything extra out of their way to get you your food.

What are your thoughts?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 15, 2014 at 1:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
missanc
by Silver Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 1:28 PM
1 mom liked this
The cooks that make your food get paid hourly. Tip the server that packed up the food, added the dressings/ sauces, took your order over the phone, took your money and cashed you out. They still only get $2.13/hr here in NC and $5 or so means a lot to them.
BlessedBounty
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 1:31 PM
I tip for delivery. Like 10%. Pick up? HELL NO. They get paid to cook that. If I'm driving my happy ass out because you don't deliver ,that's your loss.
Cmgmqmmom
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 1:32 PM

I tip when I pick up. Many of the local restaurants I go to do shared tips so I feel it's only right. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 15, 2014 at 1:33 PM
This. I may not tip $5 though. It depends on what I ordered.

Quoting missanc: The cooks that make your food get paid hourly. Tip the server that packed up the food, added the dressings/ sauces, took your order over the phone, took your money and cashed you out. They still only get $2.13/hr here in NC and $5 or so means a lot to them.
SpnFulOfSugar
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 1:34 PM
I tip for delivery but not pick up
BrutalTruth
by urbullyisshowing on Oct. 15, 2014 at 1:34 PM
I used to do to-go's, I made minimum wage and got lunch free at almot every restaurant I did it. Didn't give a shit if I made tips, really.
CorbinsMumma
by Emerald Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 1:35 PM
I dont tip when I pick up
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 15, 2014 at 1:35 PM

Of course I tip. they are handling, packaging and preparing the food that I'm too lazy to to make myself. And when I order from there, I want them to remember me and always go the extra mile to make sure its correct. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 15, 2014 at 1:35 PM

I don't tip when I pick up food for the same reasons you stated.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 15, 2014 at 1:38 PM

I think it's important to tip...but just so you know, no where is pooling with minimum wage hosts. 

Quoting Cmgmqmmom:

I tip when I pick up. Many of the local restaurants I go to do shared tips so I feel it's only right. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)