Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This is my own take and I'm writing this - original work

Posted by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 1:35 PM
  • 0 Replies
I am a sahm.

It can be crazy and exhausting, both mentally and physically. Yes, it can be completely crazy at times, and there are days my house is packed full of children, five of my own, and four to five of my older boys friends and two or three more who I have never even met.

I homeschool one autistic child while caring for twin babies and attempting to keep my home in somewhat decent shape. I attempt to clean laundry and do dishes and care for pets on top of that.

I run to school meetings and run kids to doctor appointments and dental appointments and speech therapy and physical therapy. And I do that all on buses, because I have a severe phobia of driving, and I just cannot do it. I need to make every bus because my seven year old needs to be walked home from school by three and I need to be there.

The noise level in my house could burst your eardrums at times and most moms wouldn't survive in my home for a day. I fully understand why many moms think I'm insane to have five kids, think that I should never allow friends over, (because surviving five is a feat to them), and that they would never want to do the stay at home mom thing.

Hey it isn't for the weak. I get puked on. I clean up poop, and I'm not just talking about diapers. Yesterday my baby girls were in the crib I believed asleep. Instead, when I went to check on them one had her pants and diaper off and they had used the contents to finger paint the crib, the sheets, the wall, the blankets, and each other. Yay!

But I wouldn't do it if the rewards did not outweigh having to clean a mess like that up. I saw each of my children's first steps. I heard their first words. Instead of them lying in a daycare workers arms as they fall asleep, I get to do that.

I take them to play dates, I get to celebrate when my autistic son does something new, like 6 months ago when he read a book for the first time! I get the smiles, the giggles, and I get to comfort them when they are sad.

That, to me, is like gold. I'm fine if you don't want to be a sahm. It's definitely not for everyone. But, I wouldn't change it for the world.
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 1:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)