Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I stopped being friends with her because of her dd

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
My friend has a dd that is a holy terror. She is super mean to my one year old and screams really high pitched any time she doesn't get her way.
It drove me nuts so I don't invite her over for play dates. I only hang out with her if her dd isn't around.
Well she's starting to noticed and asked me what's up. Can I be honest or just avoid her altogether?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 15, 2014 at 2:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
LoveNaCupcake
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 2:02 PM
1 mom liked this
I'd be honest with her. Just tell her straight up that her kids a brat.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 15, 2014 at 2:04 PM
I did ask her about the screaming and she blames it on hearing loss but won't maker wear her aids.

Quoting LoveNaCupcake: I'd be honest with her. Just tell her straight up that her kids a brat.
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Oct. 15, 2014 at 2:06 PM

At my house playdates go by my rules. If the neighbor girls screams I stop it right away and let her know it wont happen here. Have you tried that route?

LoveNaCupcake
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 2:06 PM
That's sad then, sounds like mom doesn't wanna deal with it all? She is setting her child up for a lot of hardships. But it still won't hurt to tell her the reason you don't want her child around.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I did ask her about the screaming and she blames it on hearing loss but won't maker wear her aids.

Quoting LoveNaCupcake: I'd be honest with her. Just tell her straight up that her kids a brat.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 15, 2014 at 2:09 PM

I would be honest with her, you're already avoiding her and it couldn't hurt anything to be honest with her in a polite way. 

RazzleMySpazz
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 2:21 PM

there is usually a tactful way to explain a harsh truth...

"i like spending time with you, i cant imagine how hard it must be to find a balance between understanding/comfort and disciplining/making her do what you know is best for her considering her hearing loss... but her behaviour makes it very difficult to spend time with the two of you.

i know its not because she's being a bad kid, but it doesnt change that her outbursts make it hard to spend time with you, and it's sending the wrong message to my kids as well."

??

maybe thats too wordy.... 

simpler is typically better......

Bigmetalchicken
by Emerald Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 2:25 PM

If she is a real friend, she will understand. I have several friends that I have had to say this to, and the only one I 'lost' ended up being a blessing. The rest of them understood my reasoning, and we still hung out, just not with the kids. When the kids asked why they no longer got to play with the chicklets, the kids were told the truth. Now several of them have resumed visiting, because they learned how to behave.

Seagodess
by Emerald Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 2:28 PM

Be honest with her. If she doesn't realize her kid is such a brat, she may not do anything about it. Avoiding her wont do any good. If you tell her the truth she may be willing to do something about it, maybe not, but at least she knows why you dont want her around.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)