Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

im douching with vinegar

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies
I seem to be in a constant battle with yeast infections...

I started taking probiotics to help prevent it, but in the meantime I still have to deal with it.

So I am douching with diluted vinegar to kill off the overgrowth of yeast...

Its awkward, to say the least.... but the itching has stopped.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 15, 2014 at 2:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tiffluv81
by BBW on Oct. 15, 2014 at 2:07 PM
plain yogurt down there helps as well.
HelsDotter
by Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 2:10 PM

This.

Only thing that worked for me. I have them every. single. time. I've haver had to take antibiotics, and had them constantly while pregnant.

Quoting tiffluv81: plain yogurt down there helps as well.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

PoisonEyeV
by Sapphire Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 2:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Now you got a pickled pussy.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 15, 2014 at 2:12 PM
Quoting tiffluv81: plain yogurt down there helps as well.

Though, I haven't tried I, I have heard of that remedy, but I didn't have any here at home... so vinegar it is....

The vinegar isn't too bad, when it touches the areas that were already irritated and itchy it burns like the dickens, but it seems to be helping.
tiffluv81
by BBW on Oct. 15, 2014 at 2:15 PM

GARLIC contains natural antifungal substances that kill off yeast. It's my favorite home remedy for yeast infections; I always try it first, and it usually does the trick. To try it, find yourself a fresh clove of garlic and carefully peel all the papery skin off it. Next, make a little tampony thing by wrapping it in gauze or cheesecloth, tying the ends with unwaxed dental floss, and leaving a bit of string dangling so you'll be able to pull it out afterward. Now, believe it or not, insert it into your vagina. Don't worry about losing it up there, because of course it can't get through your cervix. Leave it in for several hours at a time, like overnight, and be sure to remove it in the morning. For early or mild infections, nighttime treatments may be enough; try several nights in a row, until one day after the symptoms disappear. If your infection is more severe, put a fresh clove in every morning and every night. 

Never heard the use of vinegar for yeast. Vinegar if it is not raw throughs off the ph balance

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 15, 2014 at 2:17 PM
I would never put garlic in my vagina.

Eat it yes.

Quoting tiffluv81:

GARLIC contains natural antifungal substances that kill off yeast. It's my favorite home remedy for yeast infections; I always try it first, and it usually does the trick. To try it, find yourself a fresh clove of garlic and carefully peel all the papery skin off it. Next, make a little tampony thing by wrapping it in gauze or cheesecloth, tying the ends with unwaxed dental floss, and leaving a bit of string dangling so you'll be able to pull it out afterward. Now, believe it or not, insert it into your vagina. Don't worry about losing it up there, because of course it can't get through your cervix. Leave it in for several hours at a time, like overnight, and be sure to remove it in the morning. For early or mild infections, nighttime treatments may be enough; try several nights in a row, until one day after the symptoms disappear. If your infection is more severe, put a fresh clove in every morning and every night. 

Never heard the use of vinegar for yeast. Vinegar if it is not raw throughs off the ph balance

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 15, 2014 at 2:38 PM
Do whatever helps but its just putting a band aid on the problem. U need to find out why ur getting them all the time. And go from there :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 15, 2014 at 3:01 PM
Quoting tiffluv81:

I have done the garlic too, (thank you for the tips though, always appreciated)... but I am out of garlic too..... lol...
tiffluv81
by BBW on Oct. 15, 2014 at 3:03 PM

darn it.

Quoting Anonymous 1:
Quoting tiffluv81:

I have done the garlic too, (thank you for the tips though, always appreciated)... but I am out of garlic too..... lol...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 15, 2014 at 3:05 PM
Quoting Anonymous 3: Do whatever helps but its just putting a band aid on the problem. U need to find out why ur getting them all the time. And go from there :)

I do know the underlying problem. I have been on 2 different very high potency antibiotics in the last 9 months, both of which I was taking for over 2 weeks, my body hasn't been able to right itself since then. I started taking the probiotics to help with it, but until they really take effect I am having to 'band aid' the issue.... and the vinegar is a hell of a lot cheaper than buying monist at on a weekly basis...

I'm not in a full on infection as of yet, but I know the signs of when one is coming, so I am killing it off as I can.... to hopefully prevent it from being worse.....
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)