Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i think I have a mental problem

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies
my child has *real* medical problems but i think I have consumed my whole life and almost her whole first year of life worrying, researching, and taking her to drs ect. iam obsessing over it. all my conversations are about my daughter medical care. i know its normal to be a concerned parent but i feel like im ruining relationships with friends because they are no longer interested to hear about my dds problems. iam mentaly fixating on it and scared i may have a mental illnes...maybe anxiety? but idk if this is normal when your child has problems and my friends and just being bitches or if i may need medication?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 15, 2014 at 2:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 15, 2014 at 2:44 PM
Well explain. What medical problems does she have?
D.Tudor
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 2:46 PM

Look into care for caregivers programs.  You still need a life no matter how ill your child is.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 15, 2014 at 2:47 PM
i feel like I talk about it way too much i dont want this post to be about her medical issues. im looking for advice on whether i should seek medical help for myself?

Quoting Anonymous 2: Well explain. What medical problems does she have?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 15, 2014 at 2:48 PM
thank you! i will check into it.

Quoting D.Tudor:

Look into care for caregivers programs.  You still need a life no matter how ill your child is.

veggiemom474
by Gold Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 2:49 PM

No, you don't 'need" medication.

When someone has chronic illness, it can really eat away at friends and family. People get tired of hearing about it, plain and simple. That doesn't mean you're mental. It just is. True friendships last through those times. My DD was extremely ill last year, and it took a couple months to figure out what was wrong. There wasn't a second of my day or night when I wasn't thinking, worrying, researching, talking about it, that went by.

What is going on with her? Can you share?

mommytoeandb
by Ruby Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 2:50 PM

Talk to your doctor.  

Missdameanor
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 2:51 PM
Munchausen by proxy starts like this...
fatcat0908
by Platinum Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 2:53 PM
Sounds like you need to get her a little respite care. Recharge your batteries and you will be much more able to care for her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
susannah2000
by Emerald Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 2:57 PM

I can understand your devotion to your daughter's issues, but you need to take care of yourself too. I highly doubt that you have mental problems. I think you are stressed and anxious, naturally, and probably exhausted. You are recognizing that something needs readjusting in your life, which is indicative of mental health. Seeing a counselor may help you to find ways to have balance in your life, and how to deal with the stress. Maybe there is a support group for you also.

susannah2000
by Emerald Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 2:59 PM

Quoting Missdameanor: Munchausen by proxy starts like this...

What a horrible thing to say. How ignorant you are. Munchausen's doesn't START with a special needs child. People with it are already and always have had narcissistic disorder.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)