Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is it rude to bring your young child/children when visiting a mother and newborn ?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 35 Replies
Just curious as to how you feel about it. I think it's a little rude especially if your children are young and wild making big messes for the new mother. I say leave them at home with their dad and don't make things so hard on the new mom.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 15, 2014 at 3:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SleuthMaria
by Love a tomb. on Oct. 15, 2014 at 3:05 PM
I'd say it depends on what the new mom wants. That said, anytime you take your kids to someone else's house & they make a mess, you (or they, depending on their age & the mess) should clean said mess yourself.
Hanab818
by ThePonds on Oct. 15, 2014 at 3:07 PM
1 mom liked this
For me I loved when my friends brought their kids over to play with my oldest when my,youngest was born. And when my oldest was born all my friend had kids maybe 2 - 3 months older.

And no matter what the situation my,kid makes a mess in your home I clean it up,
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 15, 2014 at 3:08 PM
I would say it is and wouldn't do it. For me I think that it isn't so much about behavior but also about germs and things. I wouldn't care or judge if someone else did it though it just isn't something I would do
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 15, 2014 at 3:08 PM
1 mom liked this
I am due in January... I pretty much don't like people at my house anyway so would rather visit the necessary people at their houses when I need to.

If someone where to visit mine you would bet that they would be cleaning up any messes before they left. I am not cleaning up after someone else's demon spawns.
mmmcoffee72
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 3:08 PM

I would say yes very rude!

-spork2.0-
by Platinum Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 3:09 PM
I love kids. I have kids. Unless your kid is sick, bring them over!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rachellaree20
by Rachel on Oct. 15, 2014 at 3:09 PM

It depends.  I know my friend's kids and welcome them into my house but I have a newborn and also a 16 month old.  Kids make messes and can be loud and wild but are also a lot of fun.  The parents of the kids should attempt to clean up messes their kids make though and asking before bringing the kids is a polite thing to do but my toddler loves other kids and they usually just go play and my friends and I can chat and hold my newborn while our kids get some energy out :-)

Bethsunshine
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 3:09 PM

I would ask the new mom first. She might not mind but on the other hand, she might not want to deal with the extra noise and commotion. When in doubt, ask!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 15, 2014 at 3:10 PM
Depends on the person. I have no problem with people bringing their children over as long as they aren't sick.
BlessedBounty
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 3:10 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes... I'll kick someone out quick. Germs, mess, noise, handsy kids....just no.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)