Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I Hate My Job...

Posted by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 3:05 PM
  • 87 Replies

I just need to get a hard day off of my chest. First of all, I am working on like 15 minutes of sleep. I get to work and they ask me to sub in Sporting Goods again. No one likes sporting goods, which is why their regular associates are always out. Not to be sexist but I am a woman. I know nothing about camping equipment, sporting goods, ect. Customers ask me questions and I spend half of my time calling the supervisor to ask him. 90% of the questions that I answer, I find the answers right on the product's packaging.

A woman on a cellphone spend 15 minutes in my section and her three kids pulled almost everything off of the shelves in one aisle. I asked them to please stop pulling things off of the shelf and she looked up from her phone conversation long enough to say "Hey bitch! Stop parenting my kids. Cleaning up after customers is your JOB, isn't it? You should be thanking my kids for keeping you employed."

A 60+ customer kept calling me "hot stuff" and decided that my lack of a wedding ring meant I was obligated to go out with him. I told him I had a boyfriend and three kids and he said "That's ok. I love kids. And I'm sure your boyfriend won't mind." *eye roll*. 

Then I had this adorable 2 year old come up to me and ask me if I would help him find his mommy. Guess what? His mommy had left the fucking store and forgot her child. Yes, I go to Walmart all the time for one thing and get a weeks worth of groceries and forget the one thing but I have NEVER forgotten my CHILD! So, for 30 minutes, I had a little helper behind my counter while my supervisor tracked down his mother. Good thing I have twins and I'm an expert at doing everything one handed. He was under the impression that, if I was out of his sight, I would disappear like his mother so he refused to go with my manager or let me put him down. Then I want to call CPS and my boss gets pissed at me. Where is that mother going to leave her kid next, I wonder.

Then I start my period at exactly 11:15am, about the time we get slammed with customers. I am the only one back there so taking a bathroom break is out of the question. Good thing I'm wearing black. I finally get my lunch break at 12 (I was supposed to get it at 11) and by then I have bled through my panties. So I had to wash them out in the sink and try to dry them out under the hand dryer and put them on damp. Now my lady parts and hips are chaffed. After my lunch break, geriatric Casanova is back, offering to buy me dinner. *face palm*. I say no thank you and he proceeds to hang around my section until I get off work and then offer to drive me home. Now I am off the clock and I can threaten his life if he doesn't leave me alone. Oh, and have a nice day. On top of that, they sent me home early again, so that means that I'm, at best, going to get 29 hours this week. I'm supposed to be getting 40. They're hiring new people but they're cutting hours for the employees who have been there for 5+ years, all to save the $0.50 or so extra an hour that I get for being there for 7 years.

Then I get home and walk in the door to see my 12 year old (he's home sick) standing in a puddle of his own blood. He dropped a glass dish on the floor and stepped on it. I cleaned him up and luckily it isn't hospital worthy. So then stupid here (that would be me) gets down on my hands and knees to sweep the glass up with our hand broom and I accidentally sat my palm down on a huge chunk of glass and it started gushing blood. I think it finally stopped. The glass is see through. I honestly didn't see it and I checked before I got down there. Then I sweep and mop three times and I still come out of my bathroom to see my cocker spaniel dragging a trail of blood. Guess what? She has a shard of glass in her paw. Now I've got to figure out how to get blood out of beige carpet. I am about 5 minutes from saying "fuck it" and leaving my 12 year old with the babies so I can take a long hot bath. Luckily I brought home this huge bag of Halloween chocolate from work. Right now, I'm just lying face down on my bed, pretending to be barren, childless, and unemployed. I'm just living in this happy little world of singing elves and fairies over the rainbows with rivers that flow with vodka and chocolate. No whining. No tit leaches. No yappy dogs. No customers. No managers. No people. Just me and myself and a large bag of chocolate. How much longer until menopause? Give me hope!!!

And yes, I know no one cares. Can't I just get a hard day off my chest?

reading   playing soccer   boy n girl

Melody       Conner Wyatt and Tabitha

by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 3:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
by Crystal on Oct. 15, 2014 at 3:08 PM
I'm so sorry mama I've been there :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by Emerald Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 3:10 PM

Mobile Photo

by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 3:13 PM
1 mom liked this
You sound like you need a vacation. *hugs*
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 15, 2014 at 3:13 PM
Whew! Just thank The Lord the day is over!!
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 15, 2014 at 3:14 PM
Wow, what a day! I'm sorry. I hope tomorrow is better for you.
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 3:15 PM
I'm sorry you are having a rough day. Hopefully tomorrow is better
by Ruby Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 3:17 PM
Oh wow. If you lived near me I would bring you some wine.
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 15, 2014 at 3:19 PM

Boo hoo,  no one cares!

by The Major on Oct. 15, 2014 at 3:21 PM
I'm sorry you had such an awful day but the way you wrote this did make me laugh :)
by autismmommy on Oct. 15, 2014 at 3:24 PM

Wow I am sorry hugs!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)