Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would this make you mad

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies

I watch my Nephew (he's 2 1/2) on Wednesdays. Usually from about 11-4pm. Today was supposed to be the same, but my brother showed up at 730 with my nephew and said work called and he had to go in early.

Okay, whatever, but I desperately need to shower. I would have had time if he didn't come 3 hours early. So I just lock my room door with him in it give him some toys and turn on the TV. I left the bathroom door open so I could hear him (it's attached to the bedroom). Little man kept coming in the bathroom (He couldn't see me, behind the shower curtain) and was talking to me. I took a quick shower got dressed and all was good.

I always hear how people get annoyed when people don't watch the kids 24/7 when they are baby sitting. Would you be annoyed at me? or no big deal?

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 15, 2014 at 3:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Missdameanor
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 3:18 PM
Obviously this is family so different rules apply. But yeah, if I was paying someone to watch my kid (especially a 2 yr old) and my kid got hurt because the caretaker needed a shower.. I'd be fkn pissed!
BlessedBounty
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 3:18 PM
1 mom liked this
No... if I didn't do that, I'd smell bad, look worse and my house would be a mess. I will leave my youngest two "unsupervised" in a similar manner. Because of that , I have a clean home, my hair looks good and I Smell like roses . People are spastic today. I'll be a "bad" mom any day over a stinky, trashed house, "good" mom.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 15, 2014 at 3:21 PM
Considering the circumstances, no.

Now if he had come at 11 as planned and you still felt the need to do that, I'd question my choices. But as it was, you were caught off guard with a change in the schedule you were not prepared for.
PinkButterfly66
by Diamond Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 3:24 PM
1 mom liked this

No.  I would expect a 2 1/2 year old to be ok for 5-10 minutes.  Assuming you didn't have anything dangerous out that he could get into.  

Seagodess
by Emerald Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 3:27 PM

Considering your family and he showed up early without warning, no I wouldn't get mad. If you were a regular babysitter and did it during regular hours that I was paying for and expecting you to watch my kid, yes.

QueenBee107
by Gold Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 3:35 PM
I see nothing wrong with what you did. He's family and came 3 hours early. It be different if you were babysitting non family kids in your home or running a daycare out of it. I did almost the same thing when my kids where little like him. My husband worked during the day and I worked delivering pizzas at night once he was home. I put my kids in the living room with the baby gate up(living room was baby safe) while I was in the bathroom getting ready. I could hear everything that was going on.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)