Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Poisoned soda

Posted by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 3:17 PM
  • 12 Replies

Have you ever stopped drinking soda for a few months, and then on a whim bought a coke and it tasted something akin to gasoline? I mean seriously I took my 4yo out to PF Changs and I got a wild hair and ordered a coke, and it tasted like ass. So then I asked for a Dr Pepper and it tasted about the same, so did I just lose my taste for it or has it always tasted like this and I just never realized it?

by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 3:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
embrigmom
by Platinum Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 3:20 PM

Likely lost your taste for it. Same thing happend to dh and myself.

Ananym
by Bronze Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 3:21 PM

Could be the lines they used in the machines as well as losng a taste for it. Some places don't clean their lines properly or routinely.

mmmcoffee72
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 3:21 PM

I figured, it is just so strong and tastes horrible! Almost toxic!

Quoting embrigmom:

Likely lost your taste for it. Same thing happend to dh and myself.

ChunkyBunny
by Princess FluffyButt on Oct. 15, 2014 at 3:22 PM

Nope. It brings back thos, " oh shit this is why you were meant to be fat" thoughts.

Shadowed_Star
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 3:22 PM
Yup. One of the reasons I never gave any to Mouse.

Now if she has it, it will taste like Ass.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 15, 2014 at 3:23 PM
That's what happened to me, I felt like I was drinking poison.

I'm not sure why it happened but it freaked me out.
mmmcoffee72
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 3:23 PM

That could be it, but the PF Changs here is very nice so I am more inclined to believe I have just lost my taste. One thing is for sure I am completely done with soda!

Quoting Ananym:

Could be the lines they used in the machines as well as losng a taste for it. Some places don't clean their lines properly or routinely.

MilkLover0203
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 3:24 PM
Mmmm, soda.
mmmcoffee72
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 3:25 PM

LOL that is exactly the thought I had, I seriously almost panicked I thought they were poisoning me hahaha. I am glad it happened though, it just reaffirms why I stopped drinking it altogether. I have never given it to my kids, but I would indulge a few times a week....I am so glad I stopped!

Quoting Anonymous 1: That's what happened to me, I felt like I was drinking poison. I'm not sure why it happened but it freaked me out.

Ananym
by Bronze Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 3:27 PM

*Nods*
Good for you! I was of soda for over a year then when I had my second child, I got hooked again after one serving. I'd like to quit them altogether again but don't have the desire strongly enough yet. 

Quoting mmmcoffee72:

That could be it, but the PF Changs here is very nice so I am more inclined to believe I have just lost my taste. One thing is for sure I am completely done with soda!

Quoting Ananym:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)