Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

RECALL- Did you use these on your baby?

Posted by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 3:41 PM
  • 31 Replies

Mobile Photo

Simply Right baby wipes from Sam's Club have been recalled after the wipes were found to have bacteria that can make kids sick.

Sam's Club stopped selling the wipes after the manufacturer, Nutek Disposables, Inc., found that the packages have B. cepacia bacteria. According to Sam's Club, the bacteria could make children with chronic health problems or a weakened immune system more susceptible to infections.

It's something parents of even healthy kids say they do not want anywhere near their kids.

"This is so terrible. I don't even want to think about it, the thought just makes me cringe," parent Courtlyn Williams said.

The recall is not being ordered by the FDA. Sam's Club is voluntarily recalling the affected product, which was sold since June of this year.

The company says, "We're communicating with members who have recently purchased the item so they understand the quality concerns and can return their product to Sam's Club for a full refund."

Parents may also want to alert staff members at their child's daycare centers to see if the recalled wipes are used there.
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 3:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Vindictive421
by Platinum Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 3:42 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 15, 2014 at 3:44 PM
I dont think so.....nor would i really if i did.
JenD_77
by Bronze Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 3:44 PM

havent used those or any babywipes in over three years...  sucks it comes to this on things people use daily

PrincessPizza
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 3:44 PM
1 mom liked this
No but thank you for posting for other moms
Shadesgirl
by Bronze Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 3:44 PM
One of the kiddos in my in home daycare had them and we threw them all away. Bump
KykysMomma1128
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 3:45 PM

Nope. 

BlessedBounty
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 3:45 PM
No... I use cloth wipes, for travel I use huggies. Good to know though. :)
tattedmommy730
by Platinum Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 3:45 PM
Yes, and when we found out we threw all of the packages away. I think that may have been what made our sons diaper rash worse. As soon as we stopped using them it started to get better.
Seagodess
by Emerald Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 3:45 PM

Nope. We dont have a sams club.

Vindictive421
by Platinum Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 3:46 PM
"nor would i really if i did."...... What?

Quoting Anonymous 1: I dont think so.....nor would i really if i did.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)