Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How much did it cost you to get married at the courthouse?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies

I am having a wedding ceremony next spring, but I want to get the actual legal mumbo out of the way before then.  This is a recent development.  We don't want the whole vow and witness thing there.

I can't seem to find anything on our city's website saying how much it would actually cost, though.  I will call, but they are closed.. I just want a ballpark estimate so I know how much to budget in for it.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 15, 2014 at 4:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Reinaredhead
by Silver Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 4:36 PM
In Texas its $100 for the liscence and I wanna say $100 for the JP.
charlie_06
by Bronze Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 4:37 PM

We had a judge come to our house, had the wedding in our back yard with family and friends, it cost 75.00 at the time.

SerenitysKiss
by New York Breed on Oct. 15, 2014 at 4:40 PM

It was 20 dollars for us getting married with a judge in a courtroom of a couple family members.

Thats in Mundelein IL

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 15, 2014 at 4:41 PM
I'm in Texas too, ours was $65 for the license and I don't think we paid anything for the JP. It was just us and her and a clerk.

Quoting Reinaredhead: In Texas its $100 for the liscence and I wanna say $100 for the JP.
MrsApple
by Platinum Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 4:42 PM

We only had to pay $25 for our marriage license in GA.The judge performed the ceremony for free for us.Not sure how much that would normally cost.

AngryBob
by Ruby Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 4:42 PM
We got married while we were living in las Vegas, and it was $60 for the license. We went through the drive thru chapel and it was $50 for that ceremony. There were more expensive packages, with pictures and stuff, but we didn't want that. They provided a witness.
AvocaLynn
by Bronze Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 4:43 PM

We paid $100 for the licence and something like 350 for the wedding itself in a small chapel. Wasn't anything fancy as hubby and I only took two people with us and we didn't get too dressed up. 

notyethome1985
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 4:44 PM

We went to the courthouse in Alabama, where we live, and it cost us $60. 

MeghanH123
by Bronze Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 4:45 PM
In MN it was around $50-$75 for the license (in 2010). We h ad a family friend marry us. We needed two whiteness be sides the officiant.
Look at the dates, the marriage licence is only valid for a certain time.
My sister went to the Justice of the peace. It appeared easy. Good luck.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 15, 2014 at 4:45 PM
It was $100 for license and $50 for the judge to marry us. I live in MN
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)