Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my daughter might get into a fight tomorrow

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies
This girl has been spreading rumors talking crap saying she is going to kick her ass. And told dd to meet her in the cafeteria tomorrow morning.

I told dd to go but do not throw the first punch. But if she hit her to fight back.

My daughter is in high school and I won't tell her to run because if she does it will continue the rest of her high school years and she is a freshman.

My daughter isn't a trouble maker and has never been in trouble in school .
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 15, 2014 at 5:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 15, 2014 at 5:13 PM
Bump
hateaway
by Platinum Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 5:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Bologna
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 15, 2014 at 5:17 PM
My reply will be very unpopular, but good for you!! Seriously, your daughter will be running for the next 4 years if she doesn't stand up for herself now.

One of the best things my mother ever did for me was lock me out the apartment when I was a kid. This girl was chasing me home to fight me and my mom closed the door and forced me to stand up for myself.

Good luck to your daughter :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 15, 2014 at 5:19 PM
Exactly that's why I told dd to go and fight back.

Quoting Anonymous 2: My reply will be very unpopular, but good for you!! Seriously, your daughter will be running for the next 4 years if she doesn't stand up for herself now.

One of the best things my mother ever did for me was lock me out the apartment when I was a kid. This girl was chasing me home to fight me and my mom closed the door and forced me to stand up for myself.

Good luck to your daughter :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 15, 2014 at 5:27 PM
1 mom liked this
I like bologna

Quoting hateaway: Bologna
anon55
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 5:28 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree with you, most bullies back down when they see that the person is actually willing to fight back. That's what my dad always told me, don't start a fight but if someone else starts one then end it. 

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Oct. 15, 2014 at 5:29 PM
I agree with you.
LoveNaCupcake
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 5:30 PM
1 mom liked this
I fully expect the YouTube video of this tomorrow as an update as proof this isn't a troll post.

And we all know they'll record it!
PoisonEyeV
by Sapphire Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 5:32 PM

I think that's a stupid decision but hey, you're the troll...errr, parent.

Jinx-Troublex3
by Gold Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 5:32 PM

I would NOT have your DD purposely go to the fight. However, if the girl brings the fight to your DD, then she has every right to defend herself and she should.

I put all three of my kids in martial arts for a minimum of 2 years. The dojo and I have the same philosophy.

I have always taught my kids:  1) try talking,  2) try walking away. 3) If they attack, BLOCK HARD. A good block is as good as a hit. 4) If they come again, take them down HARD.

I even tell them that if they were suspend or disciplined by the school, I will take them out for ice cream.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)