Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I REALLY don't like my 5 year old right now

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 26 Replies
My daughter is 5 and the middle child. I have a 5 month old that she talks sweet to but then pinches him. She's not allowed to touch him anymore until she can prove she'll be gentle. I just dropped my son and a friend off at the friend's house and left the baby and my 5 year old strapped in their seats while I took the kids to the door and spoke to the mom. As I turn around to go back to the car I see my 5 year old hitting the baby with a pompom thing and he's SCREAMING. I'm fuming! I don't know what the fuck else to do. She's in her room and I'm tempted to just leave her there, alone, for the rest of the day (it's 2pm). What's the appropriate punishment?

I would love some advice on this.

She gets plenty of one on one with both me and hubby. She's in a mixed age Montessori and is amazing with the younger kids. Very nurturing.

Okay, CLEARLY, I will not leave them in the car alone again. My bad for not foreseeing this...

I'm asking for advice on how to get her to stop being so mean. I can't possibly be the only parent of multiple kids with issues like this...
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 15, 2014 at 5:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
UrWorstNight
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 5:10 PM
1 mom liked this
Try not leaving your kids in the car alone next time?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 15, 2014 at 5:11 PM
I wish I had some advice, but my 5 year old SS is awful...I don't really like him at all anymore
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 15, 2014 at 5:13 PM
I guess I should have asked for non judgmental CONSTRUCTIVE advice...

It's POURING down rain, they were strapped in on opposite sides of the car and I was gone for all of 90 seconds... My bad for not foreseeing that one...smh...thanks for the "advice"

Quoting UrWorstNight: Try not leaving your kids in the car alone next time?
UrWorstNight
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 5:14 PM
It's not judgemental.

It's the truth.....

Quoting Anonymous 1: I guess I should have asked for non judgmental CONSTRUCTIVE advice...

It's POURING down rain, they were strapped in on opposite sides of the car and I was gone for all of 90 seconds... My bad for not foreseeing that one...smh...thanks for the "advice"

Quoting UrWorstNight: Try not leaving your kids in the car alone next time?
spunky946
by Emerald Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 5:16 PM
Don't leave them alone.
VicVinegar
by Gold Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 5:17 PM
This too shall pass, patience my dear
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 15, 2014 at 5:20 PM
Can I just leave her in her room while it passes?

Quoting VicVinegar: This too shall pass, patience my dear
PinkButterfly66
by Diamond Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 5:21 PM

This is typical jealous behavior of the once youngest child.   I would talk to your pediatrician and look online for some suggestions, because at 5 I would think she's a little old for this kind of stuff, but I'm not an expert.

mom1st2three
by Gold Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 5:23 PM

have her help you when it comes to taking care of the baby.  Let her be mommys helper!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 15, 2014 at 5:23 PM
Ugh. My 5yo is being extremely frustrating too. I feel you. She's the oldest though.
We have ours in counseling, to learn how to express her emotions and learn how to deal with her anger issues... she's only on her 4th appointment, but she is improving, in some areas.
Anyways, maybe putting yours in counseling might help. Sometimes this acting out is just the way 5yo kids process their emotions. Good luck.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)