Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What if anything should I do? not my monkeys, not my circus....but

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies
2 moms liked this

I have a friend that I know now for sure is cheating on her husband. I just found out through her oldest dd that the whole family now knows including the husband. I'm worried about the kids. I have noticed that both the parents cars have been missing a lot, Meaning no adults home on a regular basis. Asked if they had food, was their mom still doing laundry, cleaning etc? And she told me no. She said she ate half a can of pringles for breakfast this morning. Last week none of the kids went to school. I'm the emergency contact and I was called by two schools and asked if I knew what was going on. I went over and talked to the kids and found out all this today. I told the oldest to load dishes into the dishwasher and to start a load of laundry, make her youger siblings bathe and then all come over to eat dinner and I picked up all their schoolwork so they can start doing it because they're all going to school tomorrow.  They were excited and got started. The oldest called and said all the dishes didn't fit so i told her don't worry, she'll just have to run it again, then she said they didn't have any clean clothes either. I ran over and got a  couple baskets of clothes and brought them to my house so we can get it all done faster. There's like at least 12 loads! They said dad would be back tonight< he was out of town on business so mom was running around with her whatever. It's all gone to hell in a handbasket over there. They told me dad has been grouchy lately. I bet! And that mom has been distant and they aren't talking to her because they're mad at her. The girls are 16,14,11.  Do I say something to the parents? Do i tell the school? cps? I told the girls they can walk over to my house anytime they needed to talk or if they get scared. Advice??? If i were to see my friend right now, I'd probably be in trouble!

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 15, 2014 at 6:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SneezyAl
by Ruby Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 6:10 PM
I would tell the parents that it doesn't make a damn what is going on in their personal lives, they still have to be parents.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 15, 2014 at 6:13 PM

Quoting SneezyAl: I would tell the parents that it doesn't make a damn what is going on in their personal lives, they still have to be parents.

Yes! My feelings exactly. I have been trying to call and text the mom for a few days and get no reply. I just now saw dad come home and then leave 10 minutes later. I hope he's going to the store.

BlessedBounty
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 6:21 PM
3 moms liked this
Okay, by law, they can leave the 16 year old up to three days with the siblings. Also, are they not taught how to do basic chores? I think this is horrible, just pointing out a few things. Clearly mom is a floozy nitwit and dad can't just quit working. Maybe talk to dad, offer to help with the kids when he's not home for small compensation.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 15, 2014 at 7:10 PM
1 mom liked this
That's my question too. How do they not know how to do laundry or to cook basic things. My son is 9 and can wash, dry, and fold his clothing. He can also cook very basic things

Quoting BlessedBounty: Okay, by law, they can leave the 16 year old up to three days with the siblings. Also, are they not taught how to do basic chores? I think this is horrible, just pointing out a few things. Clearly mom is a floozy nitwit and dad can't just quit working. Maybe talk to dad, offer to help with the kids when he's not home for small compensation.
sunsetchick34
by Gold Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 7:13 PM
This...

Quoting Anonymous 2: That's my question too. How do they not know how to do laundry or to cook basic things. My son is 9 and can wash, dry, and fold his clothing. He can also cook very basic things

Quoting BlessedBounty: Okay, by law, they can leave the 16 year old up to three days with the siblings. Also, are they not taught how to do basic chores? I think this is horrible, just pointing out a few things. Clearly mom is a floozy nitwit and dad can't just quit working. Maybe talk to dad, offer to help with the kids when he's not home for small compensation.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 15, 2014 at 7:14 PM
My 9 year old still isn't tall enough to reach the buttons on the washer...and I don't want him climbing on the glass door. If mom checked out, this is far from surprising.

Quoting Anonymous 2: That's my question too. How do they not know how to do laundry or to cook basic things. My son is 9 and can wash, dry, and fold his clothing. He can also cook very basic things

sheramom4
by Emerald Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 7:15 PM
2 moms liked this

The parents still need to be parents. That being said at 16, 14, and 11 they should have the basic skills to do laundry, make themselves something to eat, do the dishes and get to school. I would go over and chat with dad about what was going on while he was on his business trip. 

tiffsgrandma
by Silver Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 7:17 PM

My ass would have been on the phone to CPS and the cops.....

BlessedBounty
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 7:18 PM
She was super mom then became loser mom?

boys2men2soon
by Platinum Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 7:19 PM

Quoting sheramom4:

The parents still need to be parents. That being said at 16, 14, and 11 they should have the basic skills to do laundry, make themselves something to eat, do the dishes and get to school. I would go over and chat with dad about what was going on while he was on his business trip. 

This!   

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)