Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help! Scared of flying! (and ebola)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies
I have to fly to Dallas on Friday morning. My 17 month old is coming with me on my lap. There is a layover in Georgia so I'll be on 2 planes. The first flight is an hour and the second is 2 hours. I'm scared of the plane crashing and I'm afraid of the dfw airport because of the Ebola scare. Any advice? Any advice on how to keep my toddler happy? Its for my dads funeral. Please help!
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 15, 2014 at 6:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 15, 2014 at 6:29 PM
Bump
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Oct. 15, 2014 at 6:31 PM
Books, candy and an iPad kept DS happy while flying as a toddler. Candy so he can suck on it and pop his ears to ease air pressure.
B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 6:32 PM
The plane won't crash. Flying is far and away the safest mode of transportation, including walking. You won't get Ebola, but flu season is starting, so be sure to follow sanitation procedures. Buy a couple new toys and bring snacks and a sippy cup. Offer a new toy every hour or two (they can be from the dollar store-you just need novelty).
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 15, 2014 at 6:32 PM
I am bringing travel sized hand sanitizer in my purse and will have lo in an ergo.

Someone please reassure me that planes are safe!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 15, 2014 at 6:34 PM
The logical part of me understands that I won't get Ebola. The panicky part will be lathering myself in hand sanitizer. lol.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 15, 2014 at 6:36 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 15, 2014 at 6:37 PM
I went to the doctor and got xanax for the flight. I have the same fears as you. We go home tomorrow.
CheerioHolder
by Ruby Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 7:10 PM
Oh you will be fine! What is life if we're living it in fear.
As far as keeping your munchkin entertained, I'd get him a new toy and save it for the flight so it's new and interesting. I've never been on a plane so I'm not sure what you're allowed to bring on.

Best wishes, just relax! & Sorry for your loss.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 15, 2014 at 8:05 PM
Bump
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)