Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I feel like my dad is going to die soon

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 3 Replies
Not just a random thought But he keeps getting bleeding ulcers from drinking too much. He has drank heavily since I can remember. I mean, all day, all night. I don't see how he managed to keep any job.

Eventually, he lost them all. He has 4 dui's. So he no longer has his license.

When you look at him, his eyes are puffy and yellow.

I've distanced myself for years but lately I've been thinking about it. His dad died when he was 27 of failure to some organs from his alcoholism.

I hate holding resentment toward him but I do. He was never there for me, ever.

But part of me feels sad for him because he has no power anymore of himself.

Whenever I think about him, i literally wonder how long he's got left. When will i get that call?

I'm mourning his death sometimes and he's not even dead. Like, I'm preparing myself.

Have you felt this?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 15, 2014 at 6:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
hautemama83
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 6:59 PM
Yes. And I called my dad, to find out he was dying from liver failure. I'll never regret opening that relationship door again. But I do regret resenting him, and not contacting him for a few years before he was sick. Life is too short and he may not had done everything right. But I realized many years later, it was because he was never given the chance.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 15, 2014 at 11:12 PM
I did protest his alcoholism. I told him not to come around me with alcohol in his hand or smelling like it. I rarely saw him. Now idk what time frame to give him, He has every ssymptom of liver failure but will not go see a doctor.

Quoting hautemama83: Yes. And I called my dad, to find out he was dying from liver failure. I'll never regret opening that relationship door again. But I do regret resenting him, and not contacting him for a few years before he was sick. Life is too short and he may not had done everything right. But I realized many years later, it was because he was never given the chance.
hautemama83
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 11:28 PM
My dad quit drinking in the early stages, but that was unfortunately too late. It's not a quick death. Honestly it's pretty damn horrible. After watching my dad, I wouldn't want to see anyone go through that. Doctors don't do much either. Just make things comfortable and prolong the inevitable.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I did protest his alcoholism. I told him not to come around me with alcohol in his hand or smelling like it. I rarely saw him. Now idk what time frame to give him, He has every ssymptom of liver failure but will not go see a doctor.

Quoting hautemama83: Yes. And I called my dad, to find out he was dying from liver failure. I'll never regret opening that relationship door again. But I do regret resenting him, and not contacting him for a few years before he was sick. Life is too short and he may not had done everything right. But I realized many years later, it was because he was never given the chance.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)