Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Extreme couponing

Posted by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 7:16 PM
  • 33 Replies
Just watched it for the first time on TLC and OMG I would not even know what to do with 65 bottles of mustard and 80 boxes of cereal lol

I have tried doing coupons before but only to save a few $ on some items.

What about you guys? Do you go that extreme?
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 7:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Crystaa
by Bronze Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 7:34 PM
fairymom82
by Ruby Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 7:37 PM
1 mom liked this
It depends . Stuff like baking supplies that are really cheap with coupons, or pasta, sauce and other pantry staples I stock up but not 65-80 of them maybe 7-8 lol. Some items that are free or pennies after coupons I buy 20-30 and donate almost all of it.
Shadowed_Star
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 7:39 PM
1 mom liked this
That show is fake, plus a lot of the people on there have been caught commuting fraud.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 15, 2014 at 7:39 PM
1 mom liked this
I would if I could. My area doesn't support that (no coupon doubles or anything) on a regular basis. I do coupon and have had a few great deals along the way: 25 toothpastes for free (half donated to a food shelter), 110 boxes of pasta that they paid me to take out of the store (1/2 donated to food bank), 75 Powerades for the tax only and 16 bottles of Method laundry detergent for $1.50/bottle. I haven't bought toothpaste, pasta or laundry detergent in over 18 months!
smorgan865
by Emerald Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 7:41 PM
1 mom liked this
Not extreme. But I do save an average of 40% on my groceries each week.
Crystaa
by Bronze Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 7:45 PM
I like the idea of donating and was thinking about that while watching it but i was just shocked how filled up their houses are with all this stuff lol why get all these things for so cheap and not giving back to people who really need it!

Quoting fairymom82: It depends . Stuff like baking supplies that are really cheap with coupons, or pasta, sauce and other pantry staples I stock up but not 65-80 of them maybe 7-8 lol. Some items that are free or pennies after coupons I buy 20-30 and donate almost all of it.
Crystaa
by Bronze Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 7:47 PM
Wow 18 months thats great!

Quoting Anonymous 1: I would if I could. My area doesn't support that (no coupon doubles or anything) on a regular basis. I do coupon and have had a few great deals along the way: 25 toothpastes for free (half donated to a food shelter), 110 boxes of pasta that they paid me to take out of the store (1/2 donated to food bank), 75 Powerades for the tax only and 16 bottles of Method laundry detergent for $1.50/bottle. I haven't bought toothpaste, pasta or laundry detergent in over 18 months!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 15, 2014 at 7:48 PM
1 mom liked this
I'll admit jealousy of the people able to do that.

We'd eat 80 boxes of cereal. But no mustard :)
Crystaa
by Bronze Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 7:49 PM
I would not mind saving that much on my shopping bill but it seems like i can not find enough time to find the best deals at our stores!

Quoting smorgan865: Not extreme. But I do save an average of 40% on my groceries each week.
fairymom82
by Ruby Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 7:49 PM
I personally think its a combo of a shopping addiction and hoarding situation. Its different that what you see on stuff like Hoarders show but its in the same vein.

Quoting Crystaa: I like the idea of donating and was thinking about that while watching it but i was just shocked how filled up their houses are with all this stuff lol why get all these things for so cheap and not giving back to people who really need it!

Quoting fairymom82: It depends . Stuff like baking supplies that are really cheap with coupons, or pasta, sauce and other pantry staples I stock up but not 65-80 of them maybe 7-8 lol. Some items that are free or pennies after coupons I buy 20-30 and donate almost all of it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)