Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Colorado ladies? Can you answer something for me?

Posted by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 8:25 PM
  • 13 Replies

Um, I don't know how true this is, but is the Colorado Governor threatening to release a mass murderer if he is not re-elected? Can anything be done about those threats from him if this is true? Now if it is true, would you re-elect him to keep the murderer off the streets or would you still not vote for him?

by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 8:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 15, 2014 at 8:34 PM
I'm fairly certain only the president has the ability to pardon people. As far as the other, blackmail seems like a poor campaign strategy.
mama_bear2014
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 8:47 PM

I do believe the states are all working on a way to actually have more power in their own state to do stuff like this. The states have more power than what they show. Thats why I'm wondering if anyone in that state has heard about this recent campaign strategy. I will say this is a piss poor attempt. But I wonder why he would even sink that low if it is true.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I'm fairly certain only the president has the ability to pardon people. As far as the other, blackmail seems like a poor campaign strategy.

BlessedBounty
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 9:11 PM
No idea. I have a chalet in Colorado, but only go in the summer. But this is interesting. Time to up the insurance.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 15, 2014 at 9:16 PM
Governors do have the ability to pardon sentences. I dont know if anything can be done about it, but it would be political suicide... I assume you are talking about the chucke cheese murderer, as I haven't heard of any other killers that may be pardoned.

I haven't heard of that threat though, unless it was made in the last few days. Hickenlooper granted a temporary reprieve awhile ago, that will expire when he is no longer in office, so the bext governor could in theory execute him, if he wanted
svolkov
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 9:17 PM
That would be illegal . He cant compell voters by blackmail
mama_bear2014
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 9:41 PM

I thought the same thing. But the ones that are elected do not actually take office until the 1st of Jan. right? So he would have time to do something and let him go. But yes, that is the one I'm talking about. 

Quoting Anonymous 2: Governors do have the ability to pardon sentences. I dont know if anything can be done about it, but it would be political suicide... I assume you are talking about the chucke cheese murderer, as I haven't heard of any other killers that may be pardoned. I haven't heard of that threat though, unless it was made in the last few days. Hickenlooper granted a temporary reprieve awhile ago, that will expire when he is no longer in office, so the bext governor could in theory execute him, if he wanted

mama_bear2014
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 9:44 PM

Which part would be illegal? He can try to blackmail the voters but I hope they do not re-elect him because of this right here. 

Quoting svolkov: That would be illegal . He cant compell voters by blackmail

svolkov
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 9:47 PM
No he cant use coercion to stay in office. If he didnt possess the ability currently to let him loose he could say whatever he wants. Since he is already in a position of power he cant use that to force votes

Quoting mama_bear2014:

Which part would be illegal? He can try to blackmail the voters but I hope they do not re-elect him because of this right here.  

mama_bear2014
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 9:56 PM

You are right, I know. But the catch to the whole thing, and the sad part even, is all these people in power who have done a lot and nothing has been done. What will actually happen to him? Who will actually stand up and take him down now because it is illegal? No one will do it. 

Quoting svolkov: No he cant use coercion to stay in office. If he didnt possess the ability currently to let him loose he could say whatever he wants. Since he is already in a position of power he cant use that to force votes
Quoting mama_bear2014:

svolkov
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 9:59 PM
The governor is not the emperor. He has a lot less sway than most of our judges here. Trust me no one would allow it

Quoting mama_bear2014:

You are right, I know. But the catch to the whole thing, and the sad part even, is all these people in power who have done a lot and nothing has been done. What will actually happen to him? Who will actually stand up and take him down now because it is illegal? No one will do it. 

Quoting svolkov: No he cant use coercion to stay in office. If he didnt possess the ability currently to let him loose he could say whatever he wants. Since he is already in a position of power he cant use that to force votes

Quoting mama_bear2014:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)