Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

After being on Cafemom and reading posts about pediatricians......

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies
1 mom liked this

I had to post a big thank you to my sister-in-law on Facebook. She is a great pediatrician and I don't envy her for having to be around parents who think they know more than her. I have read many posts about things like vaccines that make me cringe.

FYI: She does not collect big checks from pharmacutical companies for giving vaccines. She gives them because they are truly the best way to fight against diseases. She doesn't push them, but she does educate about them. And yes she is aware of the rare incidences of a bad reaction (she said in her 9 years as a pediatrician it only happened once).

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 15, 2014 at 9:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 15, 2014 at 9:10 PM

BUMP!

Missdameanor
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 9:13 PM
Only the insurance companies are making money from big pharma. I'm glad she is a good pediatrician though =)
B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 9:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Psh. Years of medical school and experience are worthless next to a list of links from Google U.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 15, 2014 at 9:22 PM
Your sister sounds like a good pedi. I personally delay and space vaccines because I just think its too many too close together but my point with that is I truly believe no one way is right and that everyone needs to make their own INFORMED decision. If she is able to respect a parents choice and not be a jerk about it that already puts her a step above a lot of others.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)