Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

12-year-olds at Hooters.. really? EDITED AGAIN HAPPY HALLOWEEEEN

Posted by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 9:32 PM
  • 437 Replies
8 moms liked this

No. 

I saw quite a few ladies either participating in or condoning that type of behavior on a post I just read...

Seriously?

Very disappointing.

Just... no.

I don't care if the child is male OR female..... NO.

Edit: It's not about the outfit, like the overwhelming majority of you have jumped to defend.  The fact that THAT'S what you automatically assumed the issue was actually says a lot about why you would take your children there and expose them to that.. your view is completely skewed and you are ignorant to the actual issue.

Edit #2: The issue with Hooters is the grand scheme of "Hooters".  The outfits play a very small role, and even though I have already stated that the outfits are not the real issue, many of you are still posting to defend the outfits.  And you can defend them all day long, it's most certainly your right to waste your time beating the dead, irrelevant horse.  But that still isn't the issue.

This is also not about security issues. Everybody is insecure in some way and we're all flawed, so that's another dead irrlevant horse that you can stop beating.  That's a generalized copout argument, usually for people that can't think of a valid point, so they go to the cliche.

You can call Hooters a family restaurant all day long, but we all know what Hooters is about.  It's called "Hooters" AKA "Tits".  The waitresses dress in provacative clothing to show off their "hooters" because THAT is what "Hooters", as an establishment, is.  It's about sex--not in the most obvious way, but it is nevertheless.

A place in which the main theme is a sexual body part, with waitresses EXCLUSIVELY dressed in provacative clothing, is not okay for children.  There is a difference between going to the beach or seeing someone scantily clad in revealing clothing out on the street, and going to an establishment like the one I just described.  I don't really feel like I need to spell it out, because a few smart people have already done so in the comments.

I have no issue if a mature adult goes to Hooters.  I've been to Hooters and so has my fiance.  Those women are allowing themselves to be sexually objectified--they took the job and they wanted to get paid for it, and that's fine because they're adults.  Nobody forced them, they made the decision on their own and are being compensated for it.

But the difference between mature adults and children is that they can differentiate what goes on in the real world vs. what is a fantasy, and what is right and what is wrong.  Taking a child there sends the wrong message.  "It's okay to sexually objectify myself and take pride in getting attention from men solely based on my body and flirty personality." or "It's okay to sexually objectify women, I should expect this in life because I see many men in here doing just that and it seems widely accepted here."

Those are some of the very WRONG ideas that children could get into their heads.  Some children are brighter than others, of course, but most children lack the type of understanding needed for that.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN, BITCHES!

witch without copy

It is not what you do for your children, but what you have taught them to do for themselves, that will make them successful human beings.

Also, a little video games never hurt.

by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 9:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
crysiann
by Platinum Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 9:33 PM
6 moms liked this
I agree with you, it's not a place I would take any child.
thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 9:33 PM
16 moms liked this
Children in a restaurant? How awful!
eeksaboy
by Silver Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 9:34 PM
My son loves hooters. Especially the chocolate cake :)
imthatgirl0607
by Emerald Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 9:34 PM
5 moms liked this
Its a restaurant. ...big fucking deal.

csxt99
by Jennifer on Oct. 15, 2014 at 9:34 PM

I have taken my kids and (obviously) see no problem with it.

Twiceblessedmom
by Gold Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 9:35 PM
I have a few friends who do this, not something I personally would do.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 15, 2014 at 9:35 PM
It's not the worse place a kid could be..
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 15, 2014 at 9:35 PM
It's actually considered a family restaurant. I would take my kids if I liked their food. But I don't so that's the only reason I don't go.
Thunderbug75
by Platinum Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 9:35 PM
Whatever, I see no problem with it.
luckysevenwow
by Emerald Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 9:35 PM
9 moms liked this
My kids see more at the pool.

Really not a big deal.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)