Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Seriously, why are you here?! 😠 just venting

Posted by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 9:34 PM
  • 37 Replies
3 moms liked this
I am a teacher and I have a student who is severely behind academically. Well today this student "went to town" for me and wrote the first letter in the student's name WITHOUT a visual. No, this student cannot write any other letters but to me this is a HUGE accomplishment. During our weekly grade level meetings I was sharing my exciting news and showing off the student's work to my coworkers like any "proud mama" would; when "negative nelly" had to step in and comment on how low my student is and question why my student isn't producing more work. Seriously, this is the world of teaching, we have these kinds of students, why teach if you can't be a positive and productive member?! UGH!!! She totally killed my happy place. 😠 ok, that's my vent for the day.
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 9:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 15, 2014 at 9:36 PM
10 moms liked this
I hate people like that. Post her license plate number and I'll flatten her tires.
luckysevenwow
by Emerald Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 9:39 PM
1 mom liked this
Congrats to him or her!

Don't let negative nelly spoil the moment.
sdsstargazer
by Gold Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 9:40 PM
1 mom liked this
πŸ˜‚ thanks I needed that. You're awesome!

Quoting Anonymous 1: I hate people like that. Post her license plate number and I'll flatten her tires.
sdsstargazer
by Gold Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 9:42 PM
I'm trying not to, I called my student's mom and let her know how awesome my student did and how proud I was of the work produced. My student got a huge stamp on the assignment for doing that as well. Hopefully this will encourage more writing! πŸ˜‰

Quoting luckysevenwow: Congrats to him or her!

Don't let negative nelly spoil the moment.
BlessedBounty
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 9:44 PM
3 moms liked this
I'm here because I met a lady at the homeless shelter that I donate to and she was on here.... she's pretty funny if you can get past the smell.
Was that not the question?
Chaos1229
by Gold Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 9:46 PM
1 mom liked this
Thats awesome :) unfortunatlythere are negative people everywhere dont let them get you down.
csxt99
by Jennifer on Oct. 15, 2014 at 9:47 PM
1 mom liked this

My best moments as a preschool teacher were when some of my special needs kids did something they had been struggling to do. 

sdsstargazer
by Gold Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 9:48 PM
touΒ·chΓ© πŸ˜„

Quoting BlessedBounty: I'm here because I met a lady at the homeless shelter that I donate to and she was on here.... she's pretty funny if you can get past the smell.
Was that not the question?
holyhoola
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 9:48 PM
1 mom liked this
I <3 teachers
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 15, 2014 at 9:49 PM
Fuck that negative nancy. Glad you have some compassion.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)