Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Maybe it's time to homeschool my children

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies

DD 9 was a straight A student and when she took her social studies test she got a D- and she told me that what's on the test wasn't on the text book and she was having a hard time figuring out what's what. I looked at her social studies text book and it's made in 1985...no wonder why and I bet it's due to budget cuts at school. DD 14 got sent home a few times for wearing shirts and the principal got on to her and she wears anime shirts mostly and I think it's stupid for sending home a child for wearing a Pokemon, Sailor Moon, or other anime shirts and got sent home for wearing a Japanese lolita dress DH bough her. Well the principal informed me that if she wears something like that again she'll be suspended. It's like nothing offense on the shirts and she usually wears pants or skirts below her knee with it or dress that's not even revealing or short dresses, I don't understand. I'm a SAHM anyways and should of thought about it a long time ago but maybe it's time to homeschool my children and they can study on things that are up to date and wear whatever they want hell they can even wear their pajamas at home if they want. DD 14 likes the idea of homeschooling but DD 9 doesn't because she won't get to see her friends and both of my girls are in Girls Scouts and most of younger DD's friends are in the same tropp as her. It was a thought though, is it worth homeschooling or not? 

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 15, 2014 at 11:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
thetrollcat
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 11:49 PM

ebola is a good reason to home school

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 15, 2014 at 11:49 PM
Please do not homeschool your children.
sineater
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 11:52 PM
What's wrong with her wearing anime shirts?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 15, 2014 at 11:55 PM

Quoting sineater: What's wrong with her wearing anime shirts?

The principal at the middle school older DD attends makes a big deal about it. It's nothing offensive and I've seen girls her age dress far worse.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)