Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wearing the American Flag

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies
What do you think about a person that wears the American flag as, say, a dress or a toga? Is it disgraceful? Or could it be someone with misguided pride? Is it really any different from wearing clothing with it's likeness? Or completely different?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 15, 2014 at 11:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 15, 2014 at 11:52 PM
Mock trail kids enformed me that it is actually illegal to wear the flag, such as a shirt with the flag printed on it. It's one of those laws that is not enforced.
csxt99
by Jennifer on Oct. 15, 2014 at 11:52 PM

I don't care if they wear an actual flag or clothes with flag prints.

Maks1mommy
by Emerald Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 11:56 PM
I just really don't care what people wear. I really really don't.
I find it strange that everyone on here does.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 15, 2014 at 11:56 PM
So according to the law, there's no difference between wearing a flag or a shirt with a flag on it? What's your personal opinion?

Quoting Anonymous 2: Mock trail kids enformed me that it is actually illegal to wear the flag, such as a shirt with the flag printed on it. It's one of those laws that is not enforced.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 15, 2014 at 11:58 PM
My sister thinks it's disgusting. She just saw an ex wearing it as a toga. When I told her it didn't bother me, that I didn't think there was a difference between that and wearing American flag leggings. Now she's mad at me.

Quoting Maks1mommy: I just really don't care what people wear. I really really don't.
I find it strange that everyone on here does.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 16, 2014 at 12:00 AM
I don't either, but my sister thinks it's disgusting and is now mad at me because I don't think it is.

Quoting csxt99:

I don't care if they wear an actual flag or clothes with flag prints.

ncbirdie
by Ruby Member on Oct. 16, 2014 at 12:12 AM

Actually wearing a genuine flag?  That seems a little over the top to me.  Personally, wearing any "flag" clothing is disrespectful, though I do like your term "misguided pride".

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 16, 2014 at 12:20 AM
Wearing a genuine flag. I don't really care. I understand why it could offend, but it just doesn't offend me. Maybe because so many people wear flag leggings, swim suits, etc, I just don't see how that is ok but the other isn't. It all represents the same thing.

Quoting ncbirdie:

Actually wearing a genuine flag?  That seems a little over the top to me.  Personally, wearing any "flag" clothing is disrespectful, though I do like your term "misguided pride".

ncbirdie
by Ruby Member on Oct. 16, 2014 at 12:25 AM

I don't, personally, feel that wearing flag clothing is ok.  I've just always been raised that it is disrespectful.  I wouldn't say anything if I saw someone doing it, but I will say something if my opinion is asked.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Wearing a genuine flag. I don't really care. I understand why it could offend, but it just doesn't offend me. Maybe because so many people wear flag leggings, swim suits, etc, I just don't see how that is ok but the other isn't. It all represents the same thing.
Quoting ncbirdie:

rfhsure
by beast mode on Oct. 16, 2014 at 12:26 AM
I think its stupid looking but it doesn't offend me.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)