Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm not babysitting your kids anymore

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 122 Replies

Last month my Aunt-In-Law had a son and I offered to watch her 1 year old to help give her a break for a day. 

When she dropped him off she appeared to be in a rush so we didn't talk much. Shortly after I had to change him and noticed he had a very bad diaper rash. I never seen a diaper rash spread to the inner line of a baby thighs. Next I notice several bumps on his lower right thigh that appeared to have been bleeding recently. 

Later that night his temperature shot up. I looked in his diaper bag; NO FIRST AID KIT. I used a spare one that I had yet to open. His temperature was 100.3. I called her and told her that he had a fever. I asked her what she wanted me to do. I wasn't sure what kind of medicine was okay for him to take as well as the right dosage for him. She replied, "Oh he had shots earlier today he is fine." I highly suggested that he either recieve medicine or go to the hospital. I asked about the bumps and she said, " Oh the cat scratch him, he didn't listen to me when I told him to leave the cat alone." 

I called my Grandmother and found her she left her newborn son (7weeks old) with her. She told my grandmother she would come get him in a week.

I'm not babysitting anymore. She is not at work. She is out smoking and partying.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 15, 2014 at 11:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 15, 2014 at 11:52 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 15, 2014 at 11:53 PM

BUMP!

lucydiamond
by LD on Oct. 15, 2014 at 11:53 PM
Ok.
csxt99
by Jennifer on Oct. 15, 2014 at 11:55 PM

So, what did you do about the sick kid?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 15, 2014 at 11:57 PM

Quoting csxt99:

I told her she had to come get him. I was not going to take care of someone sick child and not have what is needed to treat him.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 15, 2014 at 11:57 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 15, 2014 at 11:58 PM
Umm
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 15, 2014 at 11:59 PM

BUMP!

csxt99
by Jennifer on Oct. 16, 2014 at 12:00 AM

So, did she come get him? 

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting csxt99:

I told her she had to come get him. I was not going to take care of someone sick child and not have what is needed to treat him.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 16, 2014 at 12:00 AM

Did she come get him?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)