Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I hate going out with my sisters

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 24 Replies

I love my sisters. I really do. We all went out to dinner and a movie over the weekend, and it was nice except for one thing. Both of my sisters are unhappy in their marriages. One of them, I understand. She married a shitbag because she panicked when everyone she knew and grew up with got married and the asshole won't hold a job and recently began spanking their 6month old baby. Yeah, it's bad. No, DFS will do nothing because he is leaving no marks and won't admit to hitting him to a worker.

Anyways. Both of them ripped into me for not getting in on the husband bashing, as in I w2as not bashing my husband. I sat quietly and commiserated as i have been in some crappy relationships in my life, but I didn't chime in. They somehow took offense that I had nothing mean to say about my own husband. They started poking fun at me and then trying to get me to talk about anything that we have argued about or if he does anything to piss me off.

What the hell is wrong with them? Why can't they just be happy that I am with an amazing man. Yes, we argue at times, not very often, but we do disagree. Yes, he has a few little habits that can be a bit annoying, but I have some habits that annoy him as well. I love my husband, he spoils me. I absolutely love him and speaking ill of him seems like it would be a slap in his face. He doesn't deserve to be put down just for the amusement of my sisters. I wasn't bragging about my awesome husband, just sitting quietly while they prattled on about their marriages and how much they want to be divorced.

This was the first time in years that we have had a day out, I don't think I want to do it again.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 4, 2014 at 12:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 4, 2014 at 12:27 AM

next time make up a lie so the shut up 

the_dude
by abides on Nov. 4, 2014 at 12:30 AM
What? No. Why should she...? that's asinine.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

TableforSeven
by Ruby Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 12:33 AM

You would think they would be happy for you that you have a great relationship.  :-(   I just don't understand the way some people think.

I never bash my DH either....we have an awesome relationship.  If someone bugged me about it, I wouldn't want to spend time with them anymore.

flowerfunleah
by Leah on Nov. 4, 2014 at 12:33 AM

Misery loooooves company.

thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 12:33 AM
Misery loves company
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 4, 2014 at 12:35 AM

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Why? I would be pissed if my husband made up a lie about me just so his friends could make fun of me. That's suh a shitty thing to do.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 4, 2014 at 12:36 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting the_dude: What? No. Why should she...? that's asinine.
Quoting Anonymous 2:

Thank you. It would be extrememly disrespectful for me to do that.

smurfette1903
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 12:37 AM
Misery loves company.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 4, 2014 at 12:38 AM

Quoting flowerfunleah:

Misery loooooves company.

I know all too well. I get that they might be a bit jealous about my lack of issues, maybe jealous isn't the right word, but it's clse to what I mean; but why do they have to try so hard to make me dislike/bash my husband.

janedoe13
by boxerdog lover on Nov. 4, 2014 at 12:41 AM

maybe there jealous of your happiness. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)