Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

endometriosis (help me out on this please)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies

Poll

Question: Can endometriosis cause constant period bleeding?

Options:

Yes

No

IDK

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 13

View Results

Can endometriosis cause you to have a constant period? Like bleeding constantly?

I do have a doctor just so everyone knows but he wants to rule everything else out before we get to that and I am just hoping it is something else other than what he thinks it is so I figured I would ask on here about that because google isn't helping me.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 4, 2014 at 12:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 4, 2014 at 12:36 AM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 4, 2014 at 12:36 AM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 4, 2014 at 12:38 AM

BUMP!

BIMOM21
by Andi on Nov. 4, 2014 at 12:39 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 4, 2014 at 12:42 AM

Thank you

Quoting BIMOM21: Bump

got2monsters
by Ruby Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 12:43 AM
Yes. I have it and yes it can. Along with severely debilitating pain, bloating and abdominal swelling, anemia, diarrhea during a flare, nausea and vomiting from the pain, infertility, and many other issues. I suffered with it for ten years and finally had an endometrial ablation done last April, I'm a brand new woman, best decision I ever made. Good luck.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 4, 2014 at 12:44 AM

I have endometriosis and I have between period bleeding sometimes. Heavy flow during my cycle sometimes I have had two periods in a month. I have pain and chocolate cysts on my ovaries caused by endo. It just depends on how severe and symptoms vary from woman to woman. I hope they figure out what is going on OP. Goodluckhugs

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 4, 2014 at 12:47 AM

I have always had all of the other symptoms except anemia. I can be soaking through an ultra size tampon and a plus size pad every 30 minutes and feel weak and like I am fixing to pass out but my iron levels are still right where they should be.. Doesn't make sense. But for the past year it has been getting a period every two weeks and at one point I had my period for 4 months and just recently for almost 6 weeks and my doctor finally put me on some provera to stop it.

Quoting got2monsters: Yes. I have it and yes it can. Along with severely debilitating pain, bloating and abdominal swelling, anemia, diarrhea during a flare, nausea and vomiting from the pain, infertility, and many other issues. I suffered with it for ten years and finally had an endometrial ablation done last April, I'm a brand new woman, best decision I ever made. Good luck.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 4, 2014 at 12:50 AM

My body is crazy because I used to only get one period every 3-6 months because of PCOS. Then it very suddenly changed to me getting my period and keeping it for 4 months and for over a year now every since that four month period I have been getting my periods every 2 weeks for 2 weeks at a time. I just had to be put on 14 days of provera to stop my bleeding because I was going on 6 weeks of bleeding. He thinks it is cancer because I have every single risk factor for cancer plus he thinks my symptoms align with cancer more than they do with endometriosis but I do not agree. But we will find out who is correct next week.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

I have endometriosis and I have between period bleeding sometimes. Heavy flow during my cycle sometimes I have had two periods in a month. I have pain and chocolate cysts on my ovaries caused by endo. It just depends on how severe and symptoms vary from woman to woman. I hope they figure out what is going on OP. Goodluckhugs

sunangel803
by Gold Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 12:54 AM
Hopefully, it's endo (that sounds so weird to say, lol) and not cancer. Good luck!

Quoting Anonymous 1:

My body is crazy because I used to only get one period every 3-6 months because of PCOS. Then it very suddenly changed to me getting my period and keeping it for 4 months and for over a year now every since that four month period I have been getting my periods every 2 weeks for 2 weeks at a time. I just had to be put on 14 days of provera to stop my bleeding because I was going on 6 weeks of bleeding. He thinks it is cancer because I have every single risk factor for cancer plus he thinks my symptoms align with cancer more than they do with endometriosis but I do not agree. But we will find out who is correct next week.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)