Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sex at 31 weeks and not happening again!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies
How do you ladies do it without fear of going into labor?! I've never had sex this late in pregnancy before and my whole stomach got hard right before I was going to get off. We agreed we cAnt do this again until well after birth. This was the first time in like a month we've had sex btw.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 4, 2014 at 12:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 4, 2014 at 12:41 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 4, 2014 at 12:41 AM
momof2boy2girl
by Valerie on Nov. 4, 2014 at 12:42 AM

Orgasms always cause the uterus to contract, even when you aren't pregnant. You won't go into labor. DH and I slowed down the sexy time simply because it was getting painful for me when I was further along, but I didn't worry about it sending me into labor.

If you aren't comfortable with it, then don't do it. BUT don't hold back due to false fears. If you are concerned, talk to your doctor about it.

SamanthaSage
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 12:43 AM

We did just fine and I was overdue.

NorCalMom2
by Silver Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 12:43 AM
It's supposed to get hard. I have sex all through my pregnancies. Had a baby at almost 39 weeks and two kids at almost 42 wks. You should be fine unless your doc told you to abstain.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 4, 2014 at 12:44 AM
I don't know. Its not hurting the baby. DH and I had sex up until three days before the babies were born.
thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 12:45 AM
1 mom liked this
I had sex up until the day of. It just wasn't something I worried about.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 4, 2014 at 12:45 AM
1 mom liked this
I had sex until the night before I went in for my c-section.
theboyfactory
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 12:46 AM
Ummm, orgasms cause your uterus to contract no matter how far along you are. My stomach is hard as a rock every time we have sex. They are not effective cobtractions. They are much like Braxton Hicks.
Mrs.Pedro
by Platinum Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 12:48 AM
Because I know contractions don't mean labor. I had awful contractions after having sex during two of my pregnancies... It never resulted in anything but pain. If it was unsafe to do, your doctor would tell you.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)