Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How many times do I have to say yes?

Posted by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 12:56 AM
  • 4 Replies

last week a woman I know in town sent me a message asking if she could borrow one of our cat carriers for a few days - she is taking the stray living in her yard to be spayed.  I told her no problem and to just let me know when she wanted to pick it up.  I never heard back.

Last night she posted to a local Facebook page asking if anyone in town had a cat carrier she could borrow.  Again, I replied saying she was welcome to one of ours and to just let me know when she was stopping by to pick it up.  (I don't think anyone else in this group even has a carrier as everyone seems to borrow from me.)  No one else replied -- and, again, she did not reply to me saying when she would stop by.

I have to go out this morning, and today is when she said she needs to carrier.  I have no clue if she's p,anning to come by.  

We know the family well - our sons are good friends with their older son and our youngest daughter babysits for them a few times every week (she's on a school trip this week though or she would have just taken it over).

by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 12:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
rfhsure
by beast mode on Nov. 4, 2014 at 12:57 AM
1 mom liked this
Wow, that's super annoying.
Hannahluvsdogs
by Keyser Söze on Nov. 4, 2014 at 12:59 AM
1 mom liked this

That's really weird.

elfling811
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 1:02 AM
How irritating. I would say just go on with your day and not worry about her. You have already been more than accommodating. I am sorry she is being such a turd.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 4, 2014 at 2:27 AM
Leave the carrier outside with a note for her. If she comes by and ur not home she can still use it if she doesn't then it's her problem not yours. But don't stop your whole day because she was rude and ignored you. Do what you have to do.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)