• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

can someone explain what

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies
The elf on the shelf is about? Does he just move to a different spot everyday? What's the deal?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 4, 2014 at 1:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
crumpy_gat
by No. on Nov. 4, 2014 at 2:02 AM
1 mom liked this
It's a ploy to make kids behave. The elf spies on the kids and reports back to Santa.

Meanwhile the elf is a little bastard who causes trouble when everyone's asleep.
GirlWithANikon
by Ruby Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 2:06 AM

it makes no sense to me. He spies on the kids to make them behave,. and reports to santa and while they sleep he gets into shit like knocks over all the cereal or TPs the xmas tree.

I have been in protest but I might get one this year as a photography project. Its only a 3% chance I will get one, because I still do not really get it..

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 4, 2014 at 2:13 AM
Lol. So while the elf is being a tattle tale and getting into mischief at night, the kids have to remain good? Haahahaaha

Quoting crumpy_gat: It's a ploy to make kids behave. The elf spies on the kids and reports back to Santa.

Meanwhile the elf is a little bastard who causes trouble when everyone's asleep.
dizzy91
by Kelly on Nov. 4, 2014 at 2:15 AM
My brother did something similar to me as a kid with a Santa doll. I hate this kind of stuff.
AilsaSeoid
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 2:15 AM
3% lol.

Quoting GirlWithANikon:

it makes no sense to me. He spies on the kids to make them behave,. and reports to santa and while they sleep he gets into shit like knocks over all the cereal or TPs the xmas tree.

I have been in protest but I might get one this year as a photography project. Its only a 3% chance I will get one, because I still do not really get it..

csxt99
by Jennifer on Nov. 4, 2014 at 2:16 AM
2 moms liked this

susannah2000
by Ruby Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 2:22 AM

I have seen it in pics as just a fun thing to do during the season, with the elf in different places doing different things.

GirlWithANikon
by Ruby Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 2:25 AM
1 mom liked this

Lol, I hate the elf, I actually find the whole thing creepy and we don't even do santa. But I am struggling to get back into taking pictures and doinjg 'project 365' where you take a picture every single day for a year which is way harder than it sounds. I figure Mr. Creepy McChristmas would be almost a whole months woth of photos. Yet, also a whole months worth of messes...

Quoting AilsaSeoid: 3% lol.
Quoting GirlWithANikon:

crumpy_gat
by No. on Nov. 4, 2014 at 2:37 AM
Exactly lol

Quoting Anonymous 1: Lol. So while the elf is being a tattle tale and getting into mischief at night, the kids have to remain good? Haahahaaha

Quoting crumpy_gat: It's a ploy to make kids behave. The elf spies on the kids and reports back to Santa.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 4, 2014 at 2:44 AM
Not everyone's elf gets into trouble but some people like him to have some fun. Didn't realize having some good clean fun was a bad thing.

My kids had fun with him and my son is too old so he has fun with his sister. Oh the horror of the good and fun memories being made.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)