Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Doctors/Nurses/People using Google -- Thoughts?

Posted by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 2:37 AM
  • 16 Replies
Before anyone says, "Go talk to your doctor," know that I am. I am working with my doctors to figure this out. I spent half the day in the hospital on Sunday because of this issue. I'd like to know if anyone else has had a similar experience.

I started birth control a week ago. Since then, my body has gone to hell. I started having extremely painful restless leg syndrome. Then, the migraines started.

Saturday, I had a migraine so bad, I was screaming in bed. It finally went away, though, and I sent a message about it to my doctor through my clinics online system.

Sunday, my eye got stuck in place. I could no longer move my left eye at all for a period of a few minutes.

Freaked out, I called the on call doctor service, and they told me to get into the emergency room.

They think I have pseudotumor Cerebri. I have to go in for an ultrasound guided spinal tap soon. They tried doing a spinal tap six times on me and failed. Bluh.

Anyway, has anyone ever had anything like this happen to them? The only thing different in my life is that I started taking the pill. All of this started about 3 days after I started taking it.
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 2:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
drowningmama
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 3:00 AM
Could birth control cause all if this?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dizzy91
by Kelly on Nov. 4, 2014 at 3:17 AM
That's what I'm wondering. Both of these issues can be linked to hormone changes. So, maybe that's the issue.

Quoting drowningmama: Could birth control cause all if this?
2metalbabies
by Gold Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 3:22 AM
1 mom liked this
Migraines don't make you scream. They make you vomit before you can make any noise. They feel like a clawed creature feeling around in your head for many hours and and light or noise makes you feel like you have to vomit. The fact that you were able to scream, and not vomit or pass out makes me think other issues.
Valentina327
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 3:23 AM
Headache yes, but not being able to move your eye?
Isn't that a neurological thing?
I tell you one thing, I'd be off those effen pills before you could say estrogen! That eye thing would freak me out.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 4, 2014 at 3:23 AM

I've never had anything like that. I hope things get better for you soon.

Have you attempted to stop taking the birth control? Is that the source of your pain? I'm not a doctor. However, it seems that the pill could potentially be the source.

dizzy91
by Kelly on Nov. 4, 2014 at 6:10 AM
They asked me why I though it was a migraine. I told them it's because I had horrible nausea, sensitivity to light and sound, and lights in my vision.

It felt like an ice pick going through my left eye, which is the same eye that wouldn't move the next day.

Quoting 2metalbabies: Migraines don't make you scream. They make you vomit before you can make any noise. They feel like a clawed creature feeling around in your head for many hours and and light or noise makes you feel like you have to vomit. The fact that you were able to scream, and not vomit or pass out makes me think other issues.
dizzy91
by Kelly on Nov. 4, 2014 at 6:12 AM
It freaked me out! I didn't take the pill yesterday, and I won't anymore. I would rather be pregnant or use condoms than go through this stuff.

Yeah. It is neurological thing. They've set me up with a neurologist appointment, ugh. I'm hoping it's just the pill, and that I'm over it by then.

Quoting Valentina327: Headache yes, but not being able to move your eye?
Isn't that a neurological thing?
I tell you one thing, I'd be off those effen pills before you could say estrogen! That eye thing would freak me out.
twinmommy27
by Ruby Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 6:12 AM
When you had the headache did your scalp hurt?
dizzy91
by Kelly on Nov. 4, 2014 at 6:13 AM
I am not going to take it anymore. Unless I continue to have symptoms after stopping it for a while, I am not going to take it.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

I've never had anything like that. I hope things get better for you soon.

Have you attempted to stop taking the birth control? Is that the source of your pain? I'm not a doctor. However, it seems that the pill could potentially be the source.

dizzy91
by Kelly on Nov. 4, 2014 at 6:14 AM
If you mean the outside on my skin, no. It felt like an icepick going through my eye.

Quoting twinmommy27: When you had the headache did your scalp hurt?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)