• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

co-workers trying to force me in to work...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies
I get a call at 8am from one of my co-workers but I'm getting my kids ready for school so I don't answer it. They then send a text message, n they call again and I answer it because the kids were brushing their teeth and not fighting. They tell me I need to go in to work because the person that is supposed to go in isn't going to make it. I tell them I can't because I have a sick kid and my husband has to work tonight so he's sleeping. They told me to find a babysitter to watch my kids. I tell them that my sister ( she watches my kids when I need her to) won't do it because one of my kids are sick and she doesnt want her kids sick so they tell me that I really don't know the answer unless I try. They get mad at me and hang up on me. I call my boss and explain that I can't come in on my day off and he tells me iit's fine and he's basically not worried about it. Owbi have to work with them tomorrow and I have a feeling they're going to try to start shit with me. So I'm going to have my voice recorder on my phone turned on when I get there so I can have my boss listen to it. Bad idea or no?

Sorry for typos and bad punctuation. I'm on my phone and typing fast. And hopefully this makes sense
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 4, 2014 at 3:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 4, 2014 at 3:12 AM

cya, record away.  although it might be illegal.  Do you care if it is illegal to record without permission?  Does it matter if they are in public?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 4, 2014 at 3:17 AM
Idk if it's illegal or not. I feel like if I don't record them its their word against mine. And there's two of them and one of me. Lol

Quoting Anonymous 2:

cya, record away.  although it might be illegal.  Do you care if it is illegal to record without permission?  Does it matter if they are in public?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 4, 2014 at 3:19 AM

What area of work?

Their actions are not okay.

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Nov. 4, 2014 at 3:21 AM

What state are you in...some state are one party recording and some are two party. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 4, 2014 at 3:22 AM
I work at a car wash. One of the said workers tried to go through my phone too when I we going to the bathroom. I had it plugged in to charge in the office.

Quoting Anonymous 3:

What area of work?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 4, 2014 at 3:23 AM
It's in Idaho.

Quoting Sassy762:

What state are you in...some state are one party recording and some are two party. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 4, 2014 at 3:26 AM

I'm in Idaho too.

Keep an eye on your phone. Tell your boss about your coworkers misbehavior and keep an eye out for potential issues. You have rights and it is NOT okay for your coworkers to harrass you!

Quoting Anonymous 1: I work at a car wash. One of the said workers tried to go through my phone too when I we going to the bathroom. I had it plugged in to charge in the office.
Quoting Anonymous 3:

What area of work?

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Nov. 4, 2014 at 3:28 AM

Idaho - Allows interception of wire or oral communications when one of the parties has given prior consent.

YOU can record as long as you give consent but do not post it on th internet....that is where it gets sticky

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 4, 2014 at 3:30 AM
I would just be recording it to have our boss listen to it so he knows how I'm being treated there. I won't be posting it anywhere.

Quoting Sassy762:

Idaho - Allows interception of wire or oral communications when one of the parties has given prior consent.

YOU can record as long as you give consent but do not post it on th internet....that is where it gets sticky

-Legs-
by ShaDooBie on Nov. 4, 2014 at 3:31 AM
Just don't go in there acting all awkward and puffed up.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)