Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Open letter to the woman who tried to give my dog away.... *long* *Very small update, mainly more details*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 79 Replies
3 moms liked this
ORIGINAL POST

Dear K,

In case you forgot, let me refresh your memory. We were talking about our dogs, sharing information about our sister puppies when I mentioned my predicament. Do you remember this much? Okay. What about the predicament I was in? Hmm? Why don't we review that?

I got a letter from my housing company saying that if Rika didn't go, then I would. After rehoming fell through, I contacted J. You know, the man we bought our dogs from? He said that he would shuffle some dogs around and make it work. With me so far? Alright. Back to where you're involved.

I told you all of this. I told you that I was hoping to get Rika back once I moved out of where I am now. That's where our tale really begins. It begins where you offered to take Rika until I could move. I've got the printed transcript here, let me remind you word for word.

Me: "Yeah, it's just Rika and I. A couple months ago my housing company told me either she goes or I go, so for a while I was trying to find someone to take her, which broke my heart. I found a woman, but circumstances are making that impossible for her, so I'm gonna be bringing her back to J and will hopefully be able to bring her back once I move, which I'm hoping to next summer."

You: "you are more then welcome to bring her here if you want

she would have lots of room to run and kids and sophie lol

that sucks that the housing is doing that to you"

Does any of that ring a bell? If not, go back to our old chat records. It's all there.

Anyhoo, it seemed perfect to me, a dream come true. So we set it all up, and I brought my baby girl down to you. Remember how they played? How they wrestled about in the mud like they were 5 weeks old again? Yes?

How about when my friend and I asked to have a minute alone to say goodbye? Do you remember telling us we were welcome to visit her, or that keeping her wouldn't be a problem until I could move? Yeah, you probably do. Just like your son probably remembers watching me sob uncontrollably, not wanting to leave her behind, even though I knew I'd have her back. Do you remember my eyes, my face, when I came back in? Eyes red and wet with tears, face splotchy and nose still running? I think you do, which disturbs me greatly.

I think you get where I'm going with this, but I'll carry on anyway.

About a week later you told me she was having problems peeing in the house. We'd warned you that might happen, that we weren't sure. What first made me wonder was when you said she was peeing in her kennel. You may wonder what was alarming about that, so I'll tell you. I broke her of that months ago.

That's when I realized that something wasn't right. I told you if she was too much, to tell me and I would make other arrangements. You said that it was fine, that she would learn. I swallowed my uneasiness and said okay.

And then comes the first time you told me she got loose. You said you found her under your son's classroom window at his school. Was that even true? Or was it a setup preparing for this?

Now we're getting to the juicy part of our story, so let's not stop here.

I was told that you found her, all was well, yada yada. Until 12:05 PM on Friday, October 31. When you told me she took off again. Remember how worried I was? There's no way you couldn't tell, even on messenger.

But you wouldn't respond, not the way you did the first time she supposedly "got loose". All I got was a quick, cryptic message that night saying that no one had seen her, though you were hoping someone would with so many out trick-or-treating. Then you vanished again until Sunday, and I hadn't heard from you since Friday. I thought it was odd, but you spun me a woeful tale of being busy and a lot on your plate. Valid reason, I thought.

You play innocent well, I'll give you that. When did you start to get paranoid? Was it when I told you I'd looked up facebook pages and groups from your area, posting pictures and begging people to keep an eye out? Or didn't you realize just yet that you were in over your head?

Now imagine my surprise Monday, just this morning, when you blocked me. That's when it really seemed fishy. But that was only the beginning of the surprises waiting for me.

Next was the message from someone else, telling me a very different story. I doubt I need to be too detailed here, I know you know this bit. How you spun some tale about me leaving my dog with you months and months ago, how you couldn't get in contact with me and couldn't afford her and her sister. How you tied her to a dumpster with her kennel, bone and a note, giving her away like an extra, unwanted order of fries.

I cannot begin to describe my emotions right now. But I want to tell you that you failed. The woman who took her is giving her back to J in the morning, and then he and I will organize from there.

You baffled and disgusted everyone involved, including me (and that takes some work, let me tell you). You put an innocent puppy through God knows what. You made the puppy's owners think that she'd been stolen, or hit by a car. And the little girl who thought she had a new puppy? Yeah, her world is probably torn to shreds now. So congratulations.

Why don't we wrap this whole thing up with the one last thing you DON'T know? The woman who took Rika wants to press charges.

And I have every conversation we've ever had printed off.

Maybe I'll see you in court, maybe not.

- M

Update 1/More details

So what happened was, K walked to Casey's with her dog, my dog's sister, and asked if anyone wanted a saint bernard puppy and spun her bullshit story. A woman named A***** (A from here on) was interested, so K went home and came back with Rika a while later to introduce her to A. A said yeah she wanted her (out of sympathy and she's sweet and beautiful) so K tied her to their dumpster and left her there until A got off work 2 or 3 hours later. This was on Tuesday, and K didn't tell me Rika had "escaped" until Friday. That's all I know for now but I'll update as I hear things.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 4, 2014 at 3:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 4, 2014 at 3:57 AM
Bump
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Nov. 4, 2014 at 4:07 AM
5 moms liked this

I would definately take that Fucking Heartless POS BITCH to court and get ALL you can.........

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 4, 2014 at 4:14 AM
Oh shit update us when you can
EntrepeneurMom
by The Major on Nov. 4, 2014 at 4:18 AM
How awful. I'm so glad you got Rika back :)
polkaspots
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 4:20 AM
I hope she feels miserable for what she did.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 4, 2014 at 4:21 AM
I will.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Oh shit update us when you can
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 4, 2014 at 4:26 AM
Probably not, fucking psychotic bitch.

Quoting polkaspots: I hope she feels miserable for what she did.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 4, 2014 at 4:26 AM
So am I. Thank you. :)

Quoting EntrepeneurMom: How awful. I'm so glad you got Rika back :)
polkaspots
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 4:27 AM
Then I hope she falls in a ditch.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Probably not, fucking psychotic bitch.

Quoting polkaspots: I hope she feels miserable for what she did.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 4, 2014 at 4:28 AM
1 mom liked this
If this woman decides to, I'll be behind her 110%. If not, I'll just hug my baby girl tighter and remind myself what's most important.

Quoting Sassy762:

I would definately take that Fucking Heartless POS BITCH to court and get ALL you can.........

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)