Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Delaying vaccinations

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
I have two older children (7 & 6), and I just had a baby who is 16 days old. I'm wanting to delay her vaccinations. She didn't get the Hep shot when she was born. (My other two children got their shots on time - but back then I didn't know I had a choice - now I know)

My question is - what are some good sites to look at and books, to come up with a schedule? I want her to get vaccinations, just not all at once like they do. Could anyone give me some suggestions?

Everyone can have an opinion, that's fine...but, I'm looking just for recommendations of books and sites I can look at and read to make an informed decision.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 4, 2014 at 7:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
ILoveMyFam
by Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 7:03 AM
I didn't follow a particular schedule. We delayed any til 4mo and then did 1-2 vaccs at a time instead of the 6/appt they recommended.

Congrats on your little one!
TheRingmaster
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 7:05 AM
I do not vax aside from the vitamin k at birth.
You will still need a state exemption form. Schools do not accept delayed vaccines, therefore they need a form of full exemption. You can still vaccinate delayed. The school just needs that coverage.
sugareemommee
by Ruby Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 7:05 AM
I don't know of any resources, all I say is no more than 2 at a time, no flu shots. My doctor suggests which specific ones they need follow ups on or which are meant to be given together.

So here's a bump.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 4, 2014 at 7:12 AM

I don't have a particular source to look up but I just talked to my pediatrician about not wanting to do more than 1 combination vaccines at a time or 2 regular ones. The doctor was polite but did suggest doing a few at once but I stood my ground and both my girls have only had 1 at a time. Which is a double edge sword though, because then it drags it out and both girls were very afraid of the doctor when they were toddlers. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 4, 2014 at 7:23 AM
Thank you all :) we don't do the flu shots (ever, for any of us) but the rest I have given my other kids - I think they're important but the more I think about it, it's just too much all at once. And I am EBF so it gives her a boost of immunities, too.
B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 7:35 AM
Google the cdc schedule, which will tell you how closely together various multiple-part shots should be given, and work from there.
licyandgid
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 7:40 AM
Dr. Bob Sears has a book that supports a delayed schedule on his site. You could also check out Dr Sheri Tenpenny, Dr Veira Scheibner, Dr Suzanne Humphries, Dr Russel Blaylock and Dr David Ayoub.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 4, 2014 at 9:15 AM
My daughter got her hep at thr hospita when she was born. And always had her shots on time. Tomorrow i dont thnk shr will be getting hers cause she has a runny nose.

Myson didnt get his hep at the hospital at three day app he got it. He doesnt get a shot at his app. But will get one at his two month app.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)