Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Well we're all up now.

Posted by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 7:25 AM
  • 13 Replies
I was sleeping so well. Then there was this blood curdling scream. My dh and I both flew from the bed. I don't think either of us touched the floor until we reached the hallway. I flew into my dd's and grabbed her as dh flipped on the light. Except the light wouldn't come on. So the power was out and she got scared while looking in her closet for a shirt. Now I'm wide awake and so are the little ones. My heart is still racing and there's no way I'm getting back to sleep any time soon.

On the bright side I guess I did put a backup battery in her alarm. I was wondering about that just yesterday.
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 7:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cntrdmom
by Sapphire Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 7:26 AM
1 mom liked this
That worked much better than coffee.
funny_girl3
by Ruby Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 7:27 AM
Wow. That happened here yesterday morning, except it was a spider.
Arjpc
by Silver Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 7:30 AM
I guess my daughter screamed for my husband yesterday morning after I went to work and scared the shit out of him.

My 7 year old let her 3 year old brother play with a necklace and he ended up choking himself. Poor girl couldn't stop crying. He's fine but has some nice marks on his neck.
Arjpc
Good job on the alarm clock! LOL
MrowPhoto

Nothing will wake you up faster than adrenaline lol

cntrdmom
by Sapphire Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 7:30 AM
1 mom liked this
Haha! We've only screamed over one spider. It was a big wild spider and it charged at my dd. So like the awesome parent I am I screamed, "RUN!" From across the room with my eyes in the door. Lol.

Actually in hindsight it was just running in her direction to get away, but at the time we were convinced it picked her to prove how evil it was.

Quoting funny_girl3: Wow. That happened here yesterday morning, except it was a spider.
cntrdmom
by Sapphire Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 7:32 AM
Oh man. My son about strangled my other dd once while I was at work but he didn't know how bad the situation was. Luckily dh listens for them very well and saved her.
I'm glad he's ok! Hopefully she is too. Poor kid.

Quoting Arjpc: I guess my daughter screamed for my husband yesterday morning after I went to work and scared the shit out of him.

My 7 year old let her 3 year old brother play with a necklace and he ended up choking himself. Poor girl couldn't stop crying. He's fine but has some nice marks on his neck.
Arjpc
by Silver Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 7:35 AM
They are both alright, thank you. The necklace was a cheap plastic beaded one that has since gone in the garbage. We took toys out of their room since they get up at 2am to play. LOL. So she snuck it in there and lied about it. I bet she will think twice next time.

Quoting cntrdmom: Oh man. My son about strangled my other dd once while I was at work but he didn't know how bad the situation was. Luckily dh listens for them very well and saved her.

Quoting Arjpc: I guess my daughter screamed for my husband yesterday morning after I went to work and scared the shit out of him.

cntrdmom
by Sapphire Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 7:36 AM
Man! We got back to bed and my son sat up a little, said, "boo" in a very sleepy voice and laid back down. Lol.

Quoting MrowPhoto:

Nothing will wake you up faster than adrenaline lol

cntrdmom
by Sapphire Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 7:40 AM
We had those toy organizer with all the buckets in each kid's room. My younger two kept putting their buckets together and stacking them to climb and reach stuff. That's actually how my youngest got hung in the blinds so I sold the toy organizers. Dang kids.
Mine also wake up at odd times during the night to play. We had to put alarms on the doors too because the locks don't stop them.

Quoting Arjpc: They are both alright, thank you. The necklace was a cheap plastic beaded one that has since gone in the garbage. We took toys out of their room since they get up at 2am to play. LOL. So she snuck it in there and lied about it. I bet she will think twice next time.

Quoting cntrdmom: Oh man. My son about strangled my other dd once while I was at work but he didn't know how bad the situation was. Luckily dh listens for them very well and saved her.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)