Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you take him in?

Posted by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 7:46 AM
  • 16 Replies
My son had been complaining about his heel hiring for a couple of weeks. I've looked and looked at it and can see nothing wrong. It's not swollen, bruised, or changed in any way. It's gotten to the point now that he is walking on his tippy toes to avoid his heel. It only hurts when he walks on it. However, Doew to hubby changing jobs, we don't have insurance right now. So any trip to the Dr is going to cost an arm and a leg. Would you take him in and swallow the cost or wait and see what happens because it doesn't show any signs of injury?

ETA My husband is being a total dick! He thinks my son should just deal with it because he, hubby, does. I'm so ticked! I am taking him in, regardless of hubby opinion. Sometimes that man drives me up the freaking wall!
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 7:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SuckIt69
by Gold Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 7:50 AM
It's already been a couple of weeks. Take him to the doctor.
CABZS
by Sapphire Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 7:51 AM
What have you done to help the pain? There doesn't have to be swelling for something to be wrong.

Bone spurs, plantar fasciitis, cracked heal. None of which have to cause swelling.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 4, 2014 at 7:52 AM

Is he a runner?

klespeedy0205
by Silver Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 7:53 AM
1 mom liked this
Take him in. Who cares what it costs. It's affecting his walking.
lovingmommy4316
by Bronze Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 7:53 AM
I would bite the bullet and take him. Especially if he has been complaining about it for awhile & now causing him to walk differently. I wouldn't want my child to be in pain just because of a set back. There is no telling when the new insurance would take affect.
krazymom2boyz
by Platinum Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 7:53 AM
Ibuprofen and Tylenol mostly.

Quoting CABZS: What have you done to help the pain? There doesn't have to be swelling for something to be wrong.

Bone spurs, plantar fasciitis, cracked heal. None of which have to cause swelling.
cntrdmom
by Sapphire Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 7:55 AM
Yeah I'd take him. Usually insurance doesn't kick in for 3 months. He can't wait that long from what it sounds like.
sissyboogs
by Ruby Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 7:56 AM

I'd take him in. You can make payment arrangements with the doctor's office. Obviously the boy is in pain, and you can see that it's altering his walking. 

Like other people have already said--there could be a number of things wrong with it that you wouldn't be able to see just from looking at his heel. 

LesleyJane
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 7:56 AM
It's been hurting for a couple weeks already. It's time to take him in.
jenluedtke27
by Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 7:56 AM
Take him in.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)