Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So you are canceling thanksgiving to go shopping!!!??

Posted by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 8:40 AM
  • 258 Replies
That's the call I received from my cousins yesterday. We do thanksgiving with my sister and my two cousins every year. We rotate who's house it's at. This year is their year and they called yesterday to inform us that they don't want to have thanksgiving dinner because they plan on "black Friday" shopping on thanksgiving! Anyone else not celebrating this year to shop? Or have family that is?
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 8:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
fullxbusymom
by Sapphire Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 8:42 AM
1 mom liked this

No we will have dinner and I will go out after Thanksgiving is over around 8pm. 

niki_hubbard
by Platinum Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 8:43 AM
We do three to four thanksgiving dinners, then I go shopping. I usually get around three hours worth of sleep, then shop until four or so. If Thanksgiving was important to them, they would make it work.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 4, 2014 at 8:43 AM
Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday so no. I've had some family leave at midnight to go shopping.
Outspoken.Mime
by Platinum Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 8:43 AM

That's crazy.  

SpnFulOfSugar
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 8:44 AM
We normally do dinner and then go out around 10 or 12 and camp out. I feel like my family is missing the point on thanksgiving here lol

Quoting fullxbusymom:

No we will have dinner and I will go out after Thanksgiving is over around 8pm. 

MrsCountryMama
by Jackie Mama on Nov. 4, 2014 at 8:44 AM
1 mom liked this
We are celebrating at my Dads like normal. I don't do Black Friday, doesn't look fun to me.lol One of my sisters and my ex husband go shopping but they come to dinner first.
teresa5277
by Silver Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 8:45 AM
My family has dinner around 4:00 and I will go shopping afte ge goes to bed at 8:00.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 4, 2014 at 8:45 AM
2 moms liked this

Nope.  We do our dinner at 2 or 3.  I generally am not a fan of BF shopping but I have a friend who is.  One year, I watched her daughter so she could do the shopping thing.  I sent her with a list of what I wanted and she got it for me.  Pretty sure I got the better end of the deal!

tansyflower
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 8:45 AM
2 moms liked this

um no, that is beyond rude. 

SpnFulOfSugar
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 8:46 AM
We used to have several but have lost several family members in the last few years. Dh doesn't have any family so this is really our only thanksgiving. It's always so much fun to have everyone get together. We live a few hours apart so this is one of the few times a year we do that.

Quoting niki_hubbard: We do three to four thanksgiving dinners, then I go shopping. I usually get around three hours worth of sleep, then shop until four or so. If Thanksgiving was important to them, they would make it work.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)