Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I ran over her dog and waved as i continued driving by....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 65 Replies

People around here seem to be ignorant when they have a dog. no one keeps them fenced in their yard or on a leash. and there are a few dogs on my street who have no brain cells and they jump out in front of cars. at first i would slam on my breaks, swerve, whatever to avoid the dog. then one day a lady was standing outside near the road, seen me coming, grabbed her dogs collar (i thought GREAT! no whiplash today. this is awesome) but as soon as we got close she let go and her dog ran in front of my car. i swerved and slammed on my breaks and horn and bitched the lady out. she was staring RIGHT AT ME as she let go of that mut. and i wasnt far enough passed that she could have possibly thought "oh he wont be able to jump in front of her".

a week goes by and i havent been driving much so i havent dealt with the dog. yesterday i get out to take my son to school and again. shes standing outside yapping on her phone. looks right at me, but doesnt even attempt to grab her dog. this time i refused to swerve or slam on my breaks. its pouring down rain, we live on a dirt road, and i was not about to risk getting stuck in the ditch with my kid because she cant follow the law or use common sense. shes staring at me the entire time. i did lay on my horn, but the dog still dove in front of the car, and the bitch didnt even flinch until i hit her dog. 

i smiled and waved. the way i see it, that dog was trying to commit suicide. maybe shell learn to keep her other dogs put up.

and before anyone says it, yes ive called animal control and the police to report the issue. several times. they say theyll talk to her and deal with it. whether they ever did or not, i dont know. (we arent next door neighbors- and i dont stalk her home to see who comes and goes). 

i didnt kill the damn dog. i know because it ran off. and i wasnt even driving that fast so i didnt hit it that hard either. im not saying it didnt hurt the thing any. but just to clear up the "how fast were you going" and te assumptions that i killed the dog. and it doesnt take much to get stuck in a ditch on these roads. ive swearved and landed there several times when we first moved here, before i got used to them. hell, you can fishtail without even swerving. when dirt roads get washed out from the rain its not safe to be swerving around. 

as for sueing, more power to her. she can try all she wants to. but i doubt shed have the money anyways. or the brain cells to even think to try. 

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 4, 2014 at 8:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs.Kubalabuku
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 8:51 AM
1 mom liked this

Sounds similar to a story I'd heard (cannot verify) of a woman who was trying to get her dog hit so she could sue.

Do you happen to drive a nice car, by chance?

TheRingmaster
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 8:51 AM
1 mom liked this
That's sociopathic.
Wow. Poor dog. It's not the animals,fault that it's owner was irresponsible. I couldn't sleep knowing I killed an animal like that. :(
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 4, 2014 at 8:51 AM
1 mom liked this
You hit, and I'm assuming killed, a dog... a pet... more or less intentionally with your child in the car?

Wow.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 4, 2014 at 8:52 AM

eye rolling

momto3B
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 8:52 AM

I think it is past time you move to a better neighborhood. 

incogNinja
by Whofflé on Nov. 4, 2014 at 8:52 AM
Lies
ttriddick
by Gold Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 8:52 AM
Lol, troll better. This is a fail.
nmkj
by Emerald Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 8:53 AM
5 moms liked this
I would be inconsolable if I ran over someone's dog. Even if it were the owner's fault that the dog was loose.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 4, 2014 at 8:54 AM

its a newer car and its not a junk car. but its not a brand new 2014 high dollar car...

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

Sounds similar to a story I'd heard (cannot verify) of a woman who was trying to get her dog hit so she could sue.

Do you happen to drive a nice car, by chance?

momto2boys973
by Sapphire Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 8:54 AM
1 mom liked this
Wow... You have issues.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)