Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

protein shakes?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies
What is your favorite brand? One that I could mix up like shakeology with added fruits and what not?

I can't afford shakeology and want something as close to that as possible. Also I think most of the shakeology taste bad!

Soon I will be on a very high protein diet and will need shakes to get me through. So the better it taste the better!

Thanks!
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 4, 2014 at 8:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 4, 2014 at 9:01 AM
Look into Isagenix. I'm not sure how it compares pricewise to shakeology, but isagenix shakes are really good. I'm having a chocolate one with strawberries mixed in.
Bwebb
by Bronze Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 9:04 AM

I just get vanilla flavored powdered protein at the gym and mix it with fresh fruit and veggies.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 4, 2014 at 9:06 AM
Thanks I will! Do you know if it has any of the same stuff like shakeology? Like all those vitamin and nutrients?

Quoting Anonymous 2: Look into Isagenix. I'm not sure how it compares pricewise to shakeology, but isagenix shakes are really good. I'm having a chocolate one with strawberries mixed in.
SpnFulOfSugar
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 9:08 AM
I use progenex or the GNC Amplified powders
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 4, 2014 at 9:09 AM

I'm no help. I get the Chocolate Shakeology and I mix it with vanilla flavored almond milk. It's very good. I'd like to try the Isagenix though.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 4, 2014 at 9:10 AM
The shakes are full of vitamins and minerals. I also like that they are extremely picky about where they source the ingredients. They only use the best ingredients.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Thanks I will! Do you know if it has any of the same stuff like shakeology? Like all those vitamin and nutrients?

Quoting Anonymous 2: Look into Isagenix. I'm not sure how it compares pricewise to shakeology, but isagenix shakes are really good. I'm having a chocolate one with strawberries mixed in.
Leissaintexas
by Ruby Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 9:10 AM
Body Fortress. Under 20 bucks at Walmart. Mixed with almond milk, honey and a banana , you don't even taste the powder. 63 grams of protein.
lapcounter
by Sapphire Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 9:35 AM
Advocare only.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CorpCityGrl
by Ruby Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 9:37 AM

I'm no help because I'm a Shakeology fan and I haven't found anything out there that compares as far as minerals and nutrients are concerned. Have you thought about becoming a discount Coach then to offset the cost of Shake-O?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 4, 2014 at 9:45 AM
I was a coach but then they changed it to having to order so much every 90 days. And I just don't have room in my budget anymore even at the discounted price. I'm bummed because I feel like shakeology is the best overall, but I just can't do it. I know the tropical strawberry one I can tolerate a lot more than the chocolate one. And I've been too afraid to try the greenberry one.

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

I'm no help because I'm a Shakeology fan and I haven't found anything out there that compares as far as minerals and nutrients are concerned. Have you thought about becoming a discount Coach then to offset the cost of Shake-O?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)