Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Forestry, anyone?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies
Is anyone here a forester? Your SO? Their second cousin twice removed' cat sitter?

Do they enjoy it? What's the salary like?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 4, 2014 at 9:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
lwalker270
by Ruby Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 9:10 AM

That was my husband's major in college, but he ended up dropping out and joining the military.  The pay isn't great (or at least it wasn't back then) but had he finished, he would have been in his element.  He loves being outdoors.

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Nov. 4, 2014 at 9:13 AM
I remember looking into it when I was in college. There were two tracts, conservation and the business side. Working for lumber companies paid more, obviously.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 4, 2014 at 9:20 AM

My ss started to school to do this cause the local community college has a 2 year program, but hanging with the girlfriend got in the way.  I also know someone else that is a forester. I talked to him when ss was thinking about going to school.  He said don't expect to get rich, but you can make a living doing it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 4, 2014 at 9:24 AM
I went to university for forestry and ended up in another field due to my concentration. I know many who stayed in the field and love it. You'll have to look up the pay scale, I don't think it's bad. Sometimes I wish I would have stayed.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)