Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you say something? Babies at the theater?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 73 Replies
You go to a movie. A couple has brought their baby (maybe a month old) to the theater and the baby gets fussy, several times for long periods, during the movie. Do you say something or do you keep quiet? Do babies belong in movie theaters?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 4, 2014 at 9:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
leksismommy
by Platinum Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 9:36 AM
Babies don't belong in a movie theater. I don't know if I'd say something
zeenah
by Zarah on Nov. 4, 2014 at 9:36 AM
I keep quiet. It does annoy me though. Dd went to a sleepover so dh and i went to the movies. The baby was crying like every 10 mins :-/ they don't belong there.
fullxbusymom
by Sapphire Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 9:37 AM
2 moms liked this

If they are quiet I have zero issues with it.  If they are disruptive then not appropriate.

P3r50n
by Ruby Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 9:38 AM
2 moms liked this
I'd get up and ask for a refund or tickets for another time showing.
PPCLC
by AZ Lizard on Nov. 4, 2014 at 9:38 AM

I would and have been annoyed.

The very least a parent can do in a situation like this is to take the child out of the theater, and try to calm the child down yet so many parents will not do so.

othermom
by Ruby Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 9:40 AM

Yes I would say something, a fussy baby should not be at a movie

Brandella0219
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 9:40 AM
If you are going to take your baby to the theater then you should get up and go out in the hallway when your baby stays crying. If you miss the movie, that's on you.
Sydel
by Platinum Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 9:41 AM
4 moms liked this

I wouldn't say something to the couple directly because that could just create more drama and disturbance but I would definitely complain to the manager. I would let them know that allowing those people to bring a fussy infant into the theatre has ruined my movie going experience and I'd ask for a full refund and suggest they reconsider their rules.

othermom
by Ruby Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 9:43 AM

Quoting P3r50n: I'd get up and ask for a refund or tickets for another time showing.

This is what i would do

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 4, 2014 at 9:43 AM

if they baby is really fussy- and you can not enjoy( hear) the movie, then get up, and let management handle the baby. we went to the movies all the time, most were during day( less people) few at night. we always sat in the back. one of us would take our child out when she would start to cry. lol this is one reason there should ( have more) drive ins!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)