• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you don't vote, then don't complain.

Posted by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 9:36 AM
  • 28 Replies
2 moms liked this

There are well over 100 million that are eligible to vote in the USA today that for whatever reason will not do so. We've heard the expression multiple times over multiple generations. Do you feel people who actively choose not to participate in the political process have any right to complain about decisions made by their elected officials?

by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 9:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ginger0104
by Ruby Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 9:38 AM
Nope. Blaming the notion of their vote not making a difference is bullshit. These smaller elections matter for the big elections, too. Where do they think those in the electoral college come from?
momto2boys973
by Sapphire Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 9:41 AM
I would say that those who voted for those officials shouldn't complain.
PPCLC
by AZ Lizard on Nov. 4, 2014 at 9:42 AM
1 mom liked this

Considering that in some instances no matter what a collective majority voted in or out can be changed or ignored regardless, there are many who feel why bother? 

I'm also not a fan of opting for the "lesser of two evils" mentality.

If they're citizens of the U.S. or for that matter, any country they reside in, I feel they have a right to complain.

thetrollcat
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 9:42 AM

If you vote dont complain because remember you voted faith into these assholes

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 4, 2014 at 9:43 AM

Sure...freedom of speech :)

couture-mommy
by 8.21.1831 on Nov. 4, 2014 at 9:44 AM
After what happened here at the polls 2 years ago, I said that I was done voting

But...
I will be going back, just to piss people off
SunshneDaydream
by Ruby Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 9:46 AM
1 mom liked this
Nope. I completely agree with that statement. I am not voting this year and I will not complain. I've given up on the whole process. There's no point in voting, and there's no point in complaining. Dems are stupid, Repubs are stupid, and until a third party actually has a chance in hell of getting anywhere near enough to votes to he respected, I choose to sit out. There is no hope for change. The only ones who can change anything are the ones with money. Fuck it all. I'm done. Yay 'Murica.
SunshneDaydream
by Ruby Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 9:48 AM
Wait, if you DO vote and the one you voted for doesn't win you have every right to complain!

Quoting thetrollcat:

If you vote dont complain because remember you voted faith into these assholes

Aislin
by Platinum Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 9:48 AM

People have the right to complain about anything they want. 

myempyreofdirt
by Ruby Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 9:50 AM
I don't vote. It isn't out of laziness or apathy. I feel that the majority of politicians are corrupt, out of touch, and in it for money. I don't have faith in any of the candidates, and refuse to put my approval on someone who pretty much just disgusts me. So yeah, I think i still have a right to complain. As someone else already said, if anyone shouldn't complain it's the people who voted the candidates into office. Though to be clear, I don't have a problem with anyone complaining.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)