Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

if you need a job so bad...edit

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 34 Replies
1 mom liked this
Why do people ask how much it pays before they even fill out the application. I mean even if its minimum wage that's $7.25 more than what you were making.

Edit: the 7.25 was just an example. Let's me raise the pay to 13 per hour starting with good experience. The job is local driving of a truck
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 4, 2014 at 10:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 4, 2014 at 10:13 AM
1 mom liked this
To compare it to other places they are applying.
caustinb
by Ruby Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 10:14 AM
Because they have a job and are looking for a better one?
PPCLC
by AZ Lizard on Nov. 4, 2014 at 10:16 AM

They still have to consider their living expenses. Not everyone looking for a job is currently out of work, either.

Plus many will use that interview they might get as leverage with their current employer to possibly get a raise.

thetrollcat
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 10:16 AM

lol good point

ragdoll7777
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 10:17 AM

You also have to consider the cost of gas and child care.

Careeka22
by Caitlin on Nov. 4, 2014 at 10:17 AM

The #1 answer = daycare costs. My husband is looking for a job.. you get the well something is better than nothing speach all the time. Then I mention $800 a month daycare and they are quiet really fast. Oh and that is CHEAP daycare for 2 young kids too. I imagine if you are in an even higher cost of living area it can be much much more.

Seagodess
by Emerald Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 10:17 AM

I agree if its someone who needs a job badly. However some people are looking for better paying jobs. Or if they have to put their kids in daycare, they have to make sure it pays enough to make it worth it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 4, 2014 at 10:18 AM
To see if they can afford it. Yes they may need the money, but if they also have to out their child in care the pay may not be worth the cost of care and gas expenses.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 4, 2014 at 10:20 AM
Because at 7.25 an hour I can't afford to pay for gas to drive 40 minutes one way and pay for daycare...so at the end of the day I am working for gas and daycare and still making negative
Hutersmom
by Silver Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 10:23 AM
1 mom liked this
This exactly I pay almost $700 a month in daycare for one kid and he goes elementary school I have to pay for the hours before school for me to go to work on the days that I work between the hours of seven and 840 and the hours after school for the days that I work between the hours of 330 and seven at the end of the day I'm paying for 25 hours a week for New York this is probably the best deal ever find

Quoting Careeka22:

The #1 answer = daycare costs. My husband is looking for a job.. you get the well something is better than nothing speach all the time. Then I mention $800 a month daycare and they are quiet really fast. Oh and that is CHEAP daycare for 2 young kids too. I imagine if you are in an even higher cost of living area it can be much much more.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)