• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I don't understand moms who...

Posted by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 10:44 AM
  • 430 Replies
33 moms liked this

Look at breastfeeding as something sexual (you're perverted if you do).

Refuse to discipline their child(ren). You don't have to spank, you don't have to use time outs but children need consequences for their actions. How else will they learn how to become functioning members of society if they know no boundaries?

Teach their child to be racist/hateful/bigoted/a bully. You are supposed to be guiding your child to lead a positive and productive life. Teaching your child hate rather than acceptance is a complete parenting fail. 

Find it "cute" when their young child dresses and dances provocatively. Your reaction to what they do now is going to sculpt what they find acceptable in the future. You can't say "that's so cute" when you see them dressed in booty shorts and a tube top (are those still a  thing?) while twerking at 8 years old then expect them to understand that they can't do that at 14. If you allow your child to be sexualized from a young age then don't expect that to change when they are old enough to have the urge to have sex.

Moms who buy the wardrobes described above.

Are there any things you want to add? 

Oh, and if the post offends you you should really dig deep and figure out why. These things should be common sense. Do you have to breastfeed? Absolutely not but looking at the act of supplying a baby with nutrients as something sexual is wrong. Not disciplining your child, teaching them to be sexual and hateful...those are all common sense "do not do's".

by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 10:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 4, 2014 at 10:46 AM
14 moms liked this
I don't understand moms who feel the need to let their toddlers nurse honestly.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 4, 2014 at 10:48 AM
I agree with all that.
michal6
by Silver Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 10:49 AM
I agree with all of that
Bieg9093
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 10:51 AM
8 moms liked this

Are dependent on their children...the whole need-to-be-needed thing.  If your self-worth needs a boost, raise self-reliant kids who DON'T need your help with every little thing all day long. 

TheRingmaster
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 10:53 AM
12 moms liked this
Well, you kind of have made yourself look wrong. Sexualized breastfeeding is wrong...they're perverted. But you're not perverted looking at a kid in dance class doing something taboo as,sexual?
Just hypocritical IMO. I'm not against shorter shorts or any dancing. It's expression. You really are a bit confused. .
hautemama83
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 10:56 AM
I agree with all of that.
momto2boys973
by Sapphire Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 10:56 AM
12 moms liked this
Helicopter parents
Parents who think every waking moment in their children's lives should be educational and stimulating.
Parents who never go out without their kids so they reject every adult only invite
Bieg9093
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 10:56 AM
6 moms liked this

Don't have ANYONE to watch their kids.  Folks have cell phones and credit cards and fire extinguishers and spare tires and pepper spray and a thousand other things in case of emergencies.  But you don't have a plan for what to do with your kids should something come up?  Puh-lease~!

mom2many747
by Momma Duck on Nov. 4, 2014 at 10:58 AM
11 moms liked this

It's wrong to allow your child to be sexualized and then ask "where did I go wrong" when your child is sexually active at 14. Dance is indeed a form of expression but there should be boundaries. 2 8 year olds humping eachother is not cute.

Also I'm not sure where dance class came in but thanks for your input anyway.

Quoting TheRingmaster: Well, you kind of have made yourself look wrong. Sexualized breastfeeding is wrong...they're perverted. But you're not perverted looking at a kid in dance class doing something taboo as,sexual? Just hypocritical IMO. I'm not against shorter shorts or any dancing. It's expression. You really are a bit confused. .

notjstasocermom
by Sapphire Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 10:59 AM
1 mom liked this
Ahh its you.

Quoting Bieg9093:

Are dependent on their children...the whole need-to-be-needed thing.  If your self-worth needs a boost, raise self-reliant kids who DON'T need your help with every little thing all day long. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)