Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

You have one of each, you don't need to have anymore!!!! STOP!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 87 Replies

This is what my DH and I are told anytime someone asks if we want more kids. We have one boy, one girl, and YES we would love a third, but all we hear are negative things about how you're outnumbered when you have three, and three is soooo hectic and terrible and everything is uneven and vacations suck and we will be stressed and unorganized and ruined for the rest of our lives. 

We live in a 3 bedroom, 1600 sq ft home. I am told constantly by my mother how this is NOT okay and we will NOT have enough room for a family of 5 in our current setup. That we are selfish, terrible parents if we force 2 of our kids to share a room. We aren't ready to move yet and honestly don't want to because we're in a place with a wonderful school system; if we got a bigger house in this are we area looking at an additional 50k+ on the price of the home. 

What do you think? Is it THAT bad to have 3 kids? Would you have stopped at two knowing what you know now? Not that you would want to get rid of the kids you all love, but would you have never gone to 3 at all? 

Go anon if you need to, I really want the truth. 

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 4, 2014 at 10:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
handy0318
by Ruby Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 11:03 AM
7 moms liked this

Sounds like you need to get your mom out of you and your dh's personal business.

And yes, it's ridiculous to think a 1600 sq ft home is "too small" for a family of five or that kids can't share a room.

incogNinja
by Whofflé on Nov. 4, 2014 at 11:04 AM
1 mom liked this
Lol I have 5 so...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 4, 2014 at 11:04 AM
I'm no help, I stopped at one. Here's a bump for you
TheRingmaster
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 11:04 AM
Well, considering we have seven and everyone we know supports our decision, I say no.
As long as you're financially supporting them and emotionally supporting them, there is no issue.
thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 11:05 AM

I dont want three kids. I have two girls. Dh wanted a boy, I was considering it, but have decided not to. I dont care about what other people do.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 4, 2014 at 11:06 AM

Honestly our house is the same size as yours and I don't even want to have a second child until after we move. I think that each member of the family should have personal space and that includes this spare room that has exercise equipment and craft supplies. 

And being "outnumbered" does come with consequences, but they may not even be an issue for you. When we went snorkling in the Keys, kids had to go with an adult. A family of two adults and three children could not go, but like I said that might not even be something that your family of four would do either. 

Mrs.Kubalabuku
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 11:07 AM
2 moms liked this

I had 2 and didn't feel satisfied.  Now I have a third and I'm happy.

It's a personal decision and nobody can make it for you.

I will say the "overpopulation" argument is garbage.  In order to maintain a society most families need to have 3 kids.  This accounts for imbalance between the genders as well as deaths and infertility issues.  So don't ever pay mind to that one.

Having 3 kids isn't so hectic.  It is a bit different, but you can manage.  It helps when the oldes is in school at least.  That gives me time to split my attention between the younger 2.  When oldest gets home, we do something together.  But he's 6 and hanging out with Mom is quickly losing the "cool" factor.  lol

hdavis06
by Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 11:11 AM
1 mom liked this
I also have a boy and a girl. I have been considering another child (husband says no). But after considering how much everything costs. I want to be able give the 2 I have everything they want/need (within reason). So I'm thinking that I won't have anymore. I have also heard that since I have one of each that I have the perfect family.
HAHuskey
by Gold Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 11:13 AM
1 mom liked this
I shared a room with at least one of my siblings until I went to college.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 4, 2014 at 11:14 AM
I probably would have spaced them put more oldest sd 11 lives with us 24/7 can be a big help or a bigger brat lol
We have a 2 year old and a 6 month old! My 2 yr old is very "spirited" and gifted the 6 month old is very high maintance im a sahm my dh works 2 jobs i dont live in the same state as my family and i havent got lucky enough to make any friends here (5 years later) i have anxiety disorder and ppd so yes for me it is really that bad i know it will get easier in years to come but i do wish i had waited to have another
My family urges me to not have anymore too oh well i will if it is what we choose when we are ready
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)