• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I've been in 12 foster homes, AMA.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 46 Replies
I've been in 12 foster homes and one group home. My siblings and I were taken away from my loving, non-absuive parents because they did heroin.

Before court, a court appointed psychologist forced me to draw a very specific picture of me "swimming" and my siblings standing by. She said I couldn't draw my parents even though I wanted to. She told the court, I Was drowning
Because we were left unattended.

The very first one, we were handed over to a pedophile. He molested all of us and actually penetrated and raped my sister. She was 3, I was 5, older sister was 7 brother was 1.

We were randomly split up and placed back together over the years. In one home the foster mom wanted just my sister and she wanted to adopt her. They told her we were a package deal. She didn't want me. So she took us both and then lied and said I tried to strangle my sister to death. Even my sister denied it. They put me in a group home for kids with psychological/behavior problems. It was hell.

While there I was forced to see a male therapist alone. He was a pedophile. He always had an erection, and asked me sexual questions. If I like to masturbate? Ect.

I won't list all my other experiences, but never were we treated as "equals". For example, we were given crap food and clothes from the Salvation Army. ( In one home we weren't allowed to watch tv or "play" outside. We were locked in our rooms and "grounded" eternally. We had no idea what we did wrong.)The state pays them to provide, but they usually pocket the money for themselves.

I had one good experience, but my foster mom had problems emotionally and was single. She was 24, and having an affair. She suffered 3 miscarriages and couldn't handle fostering anymore. So she returned me.

While separated 2 of my siblings were molested in other homes as well.

I was emancipated at 18. And worked two jobs and went to school full time. I met my DH and we moved in together.

There's much more, but this post is getting long.

I am a suburban SAHM now, most would never believe all this happened.

Feel free to AMA.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 4, 2014 at 11:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Nov. 4, 2014 at 11:14 AM

Im sorry your parents let you down. Were they ever able to recover from the heroin addiction?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 4, 2014 at 11:14 AM
I don't believe you
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 4, 2014 at 11:18 AM
I don't care. My post was inspired be the one asking us "what's something you've experienced that no one would believe."

I was going to answer it, but realized it would be a long reply so I just made my own post.

I've been on CM a long time and haven't told my story because I know many would think I'm lying.

It's hard to believe the system is so bad, but it is.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I don't believe you
isell_avon
by ehhhh! on Nov. 4, 2014 at 11:18 AM

Where and how are you siblings?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 4, 2014 at 11:22 AM
Thank you. My father died when I. Was 16 from throat cancer/ cirrhosis of the lover. Both were terminal, but the cirrhosis actually killed him.

My mother became a prostitute I haven't heard from her since I was 16, even then it was just a letter. I haven't seen her since I was 7 or 8.

I have reason to believe she died.

Quoting brettsmomma:

Im sorry your parents let you down. Were they ever able to recover from the heroin addiction?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 4, 2014 at 11:23 AM

People are assholes. I would see that opportunity as a chance to get lots of fun things and new clothes for kids who possibly never had them, and money would obviously go towards needed things - or any extras, trips to fun places and such (unless there are rules against that, I don't know.)

I can't believe the jerks they allow to be foster parents. Or psychologists. I'm so sorry.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 4, 2014 at 11:24 AM
I wouldn't know. Thankfully I never went to foster care. If you're telling the truth it's awful and I'm sorry you went through all that.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I don't care. My post was inspired be the one asking us "what's something you've experienced that no one would believe."

I was going to answer it, but realized it would be a long reply so I just made my own post.

I've been on CM a long time and haven't told my story because I know many would think I'm lying.

It's hard to believe the system is so bad, but it is.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I don't believe you
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 4, 2014 at 11:26 AM
I do believe you. And the reason why is horrible. I know it's possible to be a good loving parent while on heroin. I know many people who use heroin and lead fully normal lives. I am one of those people. I use heroin everyday. I don't go out on the streets to find it either, I get it from my sister who gets it in the city an hour away. My sister also is a user, mother, works and leads a normal life... well as normal as can be with an addiction. Im sorry this happened to you. I live everyday hiding this terrible secret. I have nightmares of my dh finding out. I have been doing it for five years. :/
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 4, 2014 at 11:26 AM
My older sister is in NY. She ended up in a decent foster home separate from us. She was valedictorian of her high school. She got financial aid and went to college, met her DH and he's from New York. She's a teacher.

My younger sister lives near me, but we don't talk often. She's bipolar. She's a waitress and suffers depression.

My brother is in jail right now. He started running away at 15 and has been on the streets and involved in crime ever since.

Quoting isell_avon:

Where and how are you siblings?

momma2mms
by Kristin on Nov. 4, 2014 at 11:28 AM

How does no one know?

Quoting Anonymous 4: I do believe you. And the reason why is horrible. I know it's possible to be a good loving parent while on heroin. I know many people who use heroin and lead fully normal lives. I am one of those people. I use heroin everyday. I don't go out on the streets to find it either, I get it from my sister who gets it in the city an hour away. My sister also is a user, mother, works and leads a normal life... well as normal as can be with an addiction. Im sorry this happened to you. I live everyday hiding this terrible secret. I have nightmares of my dh finding out. I have been doing it for five years. :/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)