Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my thoughts on...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 22 Replies

child support...

i believe that if a woman(or man) has multiple babies fathers(or mothers), and does not have custody of one(or more if the case may be) and they are supposed to pay child support for said children, but they do not, they should be denied any child support she is supposed to recieve for any of her other children. i believe you should lose all benefits possible if you dont pay child support owed to the persons taking care of your child(children). this should include wic, food and cash assistance, unemployment, subsidized anything, or anything for that is based off of low income.

i feel it is fairly asinine that my kids BM refuses to pay child support for the kids she doesnt take care of at all, but will publicly bash her 2nd ex for not paying her support for their child.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 4, 2014 at 11:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 4, 2014 at 11:20 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes, because we should punish children for their parents being asshats?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 4, 2014 at 11:25 AM

mmy kids are already being punished. if the parent is losing out on these benefits it would be by their own choice, and actions. why is it ok for one child to miss out, and not the other?

Quoting Anonymous 2: Yes, because we should punish children for their parents being asshats?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 4, 2014 at 11:27 AM
Child support is a benefit for the CHILD, not the parent. I never said it was OK for one child to miss out, but why should one child be punished because another is missing out?

Quoting Anonymous 1:

mmy kids are already being punished. if the parent is losing out on these benefits it would be by their own choice, and actions. why is it ok for one child to miss out, and not the other?

Quoting Anonymous 2: Yes, because we should punish children for their parents being asshats?

lalalamama
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 11:31 AM
1 mom liked this
Agree 100%. Not logical to deprive children because we want to punish a parent.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Child support is a benefit for the CHILD, not the parent. I never said it was OK for one child to miss out, but why should one child be punished because another is missing out?

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Nov. 4, 2014 at 11:32 AM
That punishing the children as much as the mother. Not cool.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 4, 2014 at 11:33 AM
Quoting Anonymous 2: Child support is a benefit for the CHILD, not the parent. I never said it was OK for one child to miss out, but why should one child be punished because another is missing out?
Quoting Anonymous 1:

child support wasnt the only thing listed. if a parent is refusing their responsibilty then it is their own fault if the child in their own care is missing out. so if they wanted to change that fact they would have to follow through with their own responsibilities.

vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Nov. 4, 2014 at 11:33 AM

I don't like your idea. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 4, 2014 at 11:34 AM

Quoting vegaswife2011:

I don't like your idea. 

thats ok. you dont have to like it.... 

J.M.O.
by Ruby Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 11:36 AM
That's ridiculous. The point is it's the CHILD that suffers not the irresponsible parent.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting Anonymous 1:

child support wasnt the only thing listed. if a parent is refusing their responsibilty then it is their own fault if the child in their own care is missing out. so if they wanted to change that fact they would have to follow through with their own responsibilities.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 4, 2014 at 11:41 AM

my kids are being punished... because of their mothers choices... my thought is is should be her family struggling because she refuses to pay. maybe having it right in her face would make her step up and take care of her shit...

rather than the children in my care suffering, she couldnt care less about them, out of sight out of mind. i understand its "punishing" the other child, but like i said maybe if its right in their face that THEY dont have grocery money, it would forcce them to either deal with it and continue their irresponsibleness, or force them to man up pay the support they should be paying, so that THEY dont have to go without.....

you dont have to agree, honestly, i am ok with people not always seeing it the same as i do. this was just my thoughts, i feel it could help prevent peopl from seeing their obligation to pay support as anything less than an obligation.

Quoting Danesmommy1: That punishing the children as much as the mother. Not cool.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)