• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How could you??

Posted by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 11:19 AM
  • 9 Replies

http://www.kptv.com/story/27262026/yaquina-bay-bridge-closed-as-coast-guard-searches-for-person-possibly-in-water

NEWPORT, OR (KPTV) -

Searchers found the body of a 6-year-old boy who died after his mother threw him off the Yaquina Bay Bridge Monday night, police said.

Newport Police Chief Mark Miranda said London McCabe's body was found around 11 p.m. near the Embarcadero Resort on Yaquina Bay.

The Coast Guard and law enforcement officers began looking for the boy hours around 6:30 p.m. when his mother, Jillian Meredith McCabe, 34, called 911 and said she'd thrown her child off the bridge.

Witnesses said they saw McCabe walk hand-in-hand with the boy to the south end of the bridge before throwing him over the side and into the water below.

The bridge was closed for about an hour during the search. It has since reopened to traffic.

Miranda said McCabe, a resident of Seal Rock, was calm and cooperative when speaking with police Monday night. Witnesses described her similarly.

"There actually wasn't any kind of strange look on her face. She seemed just like a normal person. No problem at all, just polite," Wyatt Jensen said. "The boy didn't really seem that bad. He just seemed like we was being dragged along a little bit, like as if you were at a grocery store."

Police arrested McCabe on charges of aggravated murder, murder and first-degree manslaughter. Her bail is set at $750,000.

Such a sad story... I just don't understand how a "mother" could do this to their child. That poor boy! :-(

by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 11:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
TheRingmaster
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 11:24 AM
No explanation from her? So sad. :(
JalynSpoon
by LouisianaCarolina on Nov. 4, 2014 at 11:24 AM
1 mom liked this

Throw her off the bridge.

J.M.O.
by Ruby Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 11:26 AM
1 mom liked this
Poor baby :(
cadditalbrat
by Gold Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 11:27 AM
1 mom liked this
Gah I hate these stories. They really piss me off to a very unhealthy level and I just want to pummle the ahit out of the parents and then cry for the kids.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Nov. 4, 2014 at 11:28 AM
Omgoodness, how awful.
sarah824
by Platinum Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 11:29 AM

Nope. It is horrible. 

Quoting TheRingmaster: No explanation from her? So sad. :(

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 4, 2014 at 11:29 AM

sh was probably told how horrible of a mother she was, so she decided her kid was better of dead then with a mother like her.

It's sad.

crysiann
by Platinum Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 11:31 AM
How horrible!
seximami111
by Silver Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 11:35 AM

I saw this earlier, so sad.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)