Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Thanksgiving

Posted by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 11:20 AM
  • 79 Replies
Have you bought all your food needed for that large meal?
Are you going somewhere? People coming over? Or just your family.
Are you excited?
What are your traditions?
I've bought everything, but still need marshmallows and things for fudge.
We just do a huge traditional meal...Dh the kids and I.
I'm super excited.
I get up early, start the prep work. Get my bird in,
Listening to Christmas music. Then the parade comes on and I serve a breakfast of homemade cinnamon rolls (quick and easy). Obviously, eating and later football.
Christmas movies that night. :)
Your turn.
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 11:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ladyvamp5489
by Platinum Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 11:24 AM

nope all we have right now is the canned yams we got in a food box last month, we will be praying for the turkey in this months food box and hoping to be able to get enough things with it too. no one here is doing Thanksgiving boxes this year, only Christmas

TheRingmaster
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 11:25 AM
I'm sorry where about do you live ?
HUGS

Quoting ladyvamp5489:

nope all we have right now is the canned yams we got in a food box last month, we will be praying for the turkey in this months food box and hoping to be able to get enough things with it too. no one here is doing Thanksgiving boxes this year, only Christmas

Seagodess
by Emerald Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 11:25 AM

I cook and people come over. My SIL's and best friend help make everything. Everyone is usually in charge of a couple things. DH will get a couple pies from the bakery where he works.

I get a lot of prep work done the day before. The morning of I'm usually doing last minute cleaning stuff. Stick the bird in around 10, then do a little prep, but most stuff doesn't start until an hour or so before the bird is done.

After dinner we sit around and check out the black friday ad's and get ready to shop until we drop.

Mom-to-2kids
by Sapphire Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 11:26 AM
1 mom liked this
Where are you located?

Quoting ladyvamp5489:

TheRingmaster
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 11:26 AM
Fun....I too prep as much as possible the day before. :)

Quoting Seagodess:

I cook and people come over. My SIL's and best friend help make everything. Everyone is usually in charge of a couple things. DH will get a couple pies from the bakery where he works.

I get a lot of prep work done the day before. The morning of I'm usually doing last minute cleaning stuff. Stick the bird in around 10, then do a little prep, but most stuff doesn't start until an hour or so before the bird is done.

After dinner we sit around and check out the black friday ad's and get ready to shop until we drop.

OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Nov. 4, 2014 at 11:28 AM

I'll be expected by my family who I barely speak to for the rest of the year to show up at their house, interact with them in a pleasant and polite manner even though it's awkward forcing family interactions, and pretend the entire time that I'm thoroughly enjoying myself even though I'd rather stay at home. If I DON'T go, however, my dramatic-prone family will be royally pissed and I'll have to deal with that merry little fuckamarole instead.

Oh joy, the fucking holiday season.

ladyvamp5489
by Platinum Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 11:28 AM

thanks, its just been a tough year and i live in Eugene, Oregon.

Quoting TheRingmaster: I'm sorry where about do you live ? HUGS
Quoting ladyvamp5489:

ladyvamp5489
by Platinum Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 11:29 AM

Eugene Oregon

Quoting Mom-to-2kids: Where are you located?
Quoting ladyvamp5489:

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Nov. 4, 2014 at 11:31 AM
We aren't going to travel this year, which is unusual for us. I reckon I'll have to figure out how to cook a turkey. I'm dreadful in the kitchen, lol.
TheRingmaster
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 11:31 AM
I'm very far... but would you be able to pick things up from a walmart?
Or pick up a gift card? Or a local grocery store?

Quoting ladyvamp5489:

thanks, its just been a tough year and i live in Eugene, Oregon.

Quoting TheRingmaster: I'm sorry where about do you live ?
HUGS

Quoting ladyvamp5489:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)