• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what sounds better to you?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
I'm either in pain in every joint, and my entire right leg is stiff. My doc gave me a new med to try (diclofenac ec) which takes away the majority of my pain... but leaves me constipated as all hell. I honestly don't know what I'd rather deal with. This is the first pain med (prescription and otc) that has "helped" in weeks. Pain, or constipation?

*once the meds leave my system, usually overnight, I can get something out in the morning. But not much. My doc is aware I am having this side effect and I am waiting on a call back.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 4, 2014 at 11:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom1st2three
by Gold Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 11:42 AM

can you take a gentle laxative? 

DensHag
by Ruby Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 11:43 AM
My DH was on heavy duty pain meds for cancer and he had to take Miralax every night or he had major poop issues. We mixed it with apple juice and that was his nightly cocktail. Good luck.
lalalamama
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 11:44 AM
I'd choose being pain free and talk to a pharmacist about best way to prevent constipation ( combination stool softener like Colace and Metamucil ? )
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 4, 2014 at 11:45 AM

I'd suggest watching these:

http://youtu.be/ELOmYR3EgpQ  (raw food documentary)

and

http://youtu.be/qcD3cpLm_8I   (juicing documentary)

Seriously. It can't hurt, right?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 4, 2014 at 11:45 AM
Is your state a medical marijuana state? They make medical marijuana now that's edible (a chocolate bar, gummy bears, etc) that has very little THC (so you don't get 'high')

I have crohns & it helps with the pain immensely.
rgba
by Ruby Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 11:47 AM
This

What is causing the pain?

Quoting lalalamama: I'd choose being pain free and talk to a pharmacist about best way to prevent constipation ( combination stool softener like Colace and Metamucil ? )
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 4, 2014 at 11:50 AM

you can counteract the constipation in a number of ways... get rid of the pain

thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 11:53 AM

Id wait to hear from the doctor. Im sure something can be done to combat the constipation.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 4, 2014 at 12:06 PM
I always thought my pain was caused by old injuries. But over the past year it has become worse and worse, occasionally to the point where I just lay in bed under numerous blankets to keep my joints warm and cry. My doctor is running tests for both RA and lupus.

Quoting rgba: This

Quoting lalalamama: I'd choose being pain free and talk to a pharmacist about best way to prevent constipation ( combination stool softener like Colace and Metamucil ? )
rgba
by Ruby Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 12:57 PM
Where do you live? Please get tested for Lyme disease as well, I have several loved ones who had almost identical symptoms and it turned out they had Lymes.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I always thought my pain was caused by old injuries. But over the past year it has become worse and worse, occasionally to the point where I just lay in bed under numerous blankets to keep my joints warm and cry. My doctor is running tests for both RA and lupus.

Quoting rgba: This

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)